Advice on Primaris Intercessors

BaldrickRSA

Hello all,

I will be play testing Primaris BA marines for the first time, and I am looking for some advice. I have 3x 5man Intercessor troops squads armed with Bolt Rifles and Aux Grenade launcher.

1. Should I change all the Bolt Rifles to Stalker Bolters, longer range, better AP. Great for a fire base.......I think. Your thoughts, or keep the Bolt Rifles?

2. When I select Aux grenade launcher, is this for all five Bolt Rifles? Or only for one marine in the squad?

3. Can you fire bother the grenade launcher and the bolt rifle simultaneously?

Thanks

Hello all,

I will be play testing Primaris BA marines for the first tim, and I bus looking for some advice. I have 3x 5man Intercessor troops squads armed with Bolt Rifles and Aux Grenade launcher.

1. Should I change all the Bolt Rifles to Stalker Bolters, longer range, better AP. Great for a fire base.......I think. Your thoughts, or keep the Bolt Rifles?

2. When I select Aux grenade launcher, is this for all five Bolt Rifles? Or only for one marine in the squad?

3. Can you fire bother the grenade launcher and the bolt rifle simultaneously?

Thanks

1. Both have a place. The bolte rifle is better than the Stalker Pattern because it has 2 shots at AP -1 at 15" and the Stalker pattern is Heavy 1. meaning you get neg'd if you move the unit. If the unit could snipe characters without the need of a stratagem it would be more appealing. I have been experimenting with 1 stalker squad per 3 intercessor squads. So 2-3x Bolt Rifles 1x Stalker Pattern.

2. The AGL is 1 per 5 models.

3. No you either "shoot" the grenade or you shoot the bolter. Because the unit counts as a grenade being thrown not being shot.

1. Depends on their task I guess. If you want them to sit on an objective in your deployment zone the Stalker Bolt Rifle is fine but I for one prefer my Intercessors in the midfield so I always give them regular Bolt Rifles.

2. It's for one Marine you select. It can also be the Sergeant which is quite nice since he should be the last one to die anyway.

3. No. The AGL just increases the range for your Krak and Frag grenades so it still counts as throwing a grenade which means you either shoot with the models weapon or you throw one of its grenades.

I also favour the RF version as I find the double tap and the flexibility when moving more valuable than the range and AP of the stalker variant. Having said that, if you want backfield objective campers, I can see value in the Stalker variant. 5 Intercessors with Stalkers will probably accomplish more from your deployment zone than 5 Tacs with a missile launcher which is the classic option for this role and weighs in at the same points.

I struggle to see a use for the Assault variant though. Especially as it costs more. :huh.:

Yeah the Assault variant is pretty uninteresting. It works best for a unit that wants to stay >15" away but still be mobile. A rather niche task and especially for us BA who actually can do stuff in melee very uninteresting.

Archived