A plea to the community

Murdicus

So because I have a love for dark angels I wanted to put together a kill team of successors.

The problem I have is successors shoulder pads. My green stuff work really isn't that great so sculpting is out of the question

My plea is to see if anybody would be willing to donate to the project. Every model will be named after their contributors

Thanks in advance if anybody can help

I'm not sure how many takers you're going to get with sending you shoulder pads. If third party shoulder pads aren't sufficient, there are many decals available for free download in our DOWNLOADS section. They don't cover all of the Unforgiven Chapters, and a few have multiple versions, but you might find what you're looking for.

Angels of Absolution decals
Angels of Absolution decals
Angels of Absolution decals (BoLS version)
Angels of Redemption decals
Angels of Redemption
Angels of Vengeance decals
Angels of Vigilance decals (might be a Dark Angels Successor)
Blades of Vengeance decals
Consecrators decals
Disciples of Caliban decals
Guardians of the Covenant decals
Relictors decals (might be a Dark Angels Successor)
Star Phantoms decals (might be a Dark Angels Successor)
Deathwatch/Legio B&C decals (this one contains badges for 25 Chapters, some of which are Dark Angels Successors)

There may be some decals that aren't linked above but which are suitable. For example, I recall at least one set of decals that included a lion. There are also a number of generic decals (various skull, lightning, and cross motifs) that you might find usable.

Something else you might do is look for tutorials, either in our painting tutorials forum or elsewhere on the internet (YouTube may have some videos, other Dark Angels sites may have some). Painting freehand badges gives you room to exercise creativity with personalized badges. Practicing on paper beforehand is a good way to work out the kinks before you commit paint to plastic/resin. You might also look for a tutorial on making decals. If you can find one (I don't recall one off the top of my head, but there may be one or more in our tutorials section), you'll be able to take any suitable image and make your own decals. You can even create an "Unforgiven" set of decals that includes a decal for each of the Unforgiven Chapters. That way you won't have to print up an entire decal sheet for just one decal - you can use many/most of the decals on the sheet.

I followed a youtube video and printed my own using the file above on a HP inkjet w std decal paper, gave it a spray of clear sealant and they're great. There's a pic of one of my LS with the decals in the "Armoury of the Successors" thread (need to add to it now i think on). Am running out of shoulder pads so will need to print some more in the next few weeks.

Is there any service out there that custom prints decals? Looking for something very high quality,similar to forge world quality.

Check Bedlam Creations and Fallout Hobbies, both can be found via Google or your favorite search engine.

Archived