Bolter Discipline Rule Impact on Blood Angels Armies

Diagramdude

It isn’t 20 shots - it’s 40 shots on a durable platform at 12 inch range. That is pretty neat. My scout bikes with stormbolter sergeant just got filthy - 36 shots at 12 inches. In an uncrowded slot.

Bonus!  Is that really how it is?   if so it is insane firepower now

It's not!

You don't double the shots for each fulfilled requirement. It simply enhances the Rapid fire rule so you have more ways to Rapid fire them. So you double the shots if you are withing half range OR if you are stationary OR if you have the Terminator/Bike/Centurion/Vehicle keyword. The total amount of shots you can put out with a Bolt weapon didn't change at all.

Well cuss me. Basic rule of statutory construction - gotta read the predicate sentence. “Instead of following normal rules for rapid fire.” It isn’t giving us double attacks on the rapid fire itself - just making rapid fire apply differently. I’m an idiot and this fills me with sad. I thought inside 12 inches, our boys just became dakka monsters. This is much less awesome than I thought. Still good for my scout bikes...but sigh.

Well cuss me. Basic rule of statutory construction - gotta read the predicate sentence. “Instead of following normal rules for rapid fire.” It isn’t giving us double attacks on the rapid fire itself - just making rapid fire apply differently. I’m an idiot and this fills me with sad. I thought inside 12 inches, our boys just became dakka monsters. This is much less awesome than I thought. Still good for my scout bikes...but sigh.

Don´t worry, so many people seem to get this rule wrong, its actually pretty hilarious. 

Also no need to be that sad, because getting inside 12" and remaining still contradicts it´s self most of the time ;)

I want to be clear here! In my head, I was kinda mocking people who were doubling for EACH condition met - I was like it says “any” not “every”...come on now. For whatever reason, I thought we got to double the double - not because of two conditions being met, but as a function of the rule. If within half distance, double the shots being taken - not double the 2 but double the 4 we would get from normal rapid fire. Le sigh

I want to be clear here! In my head, I was kinda mocking people who were doubling for EACH condition met - I was like it says “any” not “every”...come on now. For whatever reason, I thought we got to double the double - not because of two conditions being met, but as a function of the rule. If within half distance, double the shots being taken - not double the 2 but double the 4 we would get from normal rapid fire. Le sigh

Indeed. It just adds two additional situations in which one gets double shots. 

Archived