Librarian actions after using Wings of Sanguinius?

Claws and Effect

My wife is building a Blood Angels army and I suggested an HQ unit to her for lower points games.

A Librarian on a bike.

Now for the question.

If he uses Wings of Sanguinius to move 12" and gain the FLY keyword, can he fall back in the next movement phase and shoot in the subsequent shooting phase?

I honestly can't tell.

Since Wings of Sanguinius remains active until his Psychic phase he would still have the FLY keyword when he fell back, but would not have it in the shooting phase (unless he recasts WoS).

So, could a biker Librarian use Wings to both shoot and charge after falling back?

I couldn't think of any other scenario in which a model can lose the FLY keyword between moving and shooting.

The charging was because he is on a bike. Wings had nothing to do with that part. Sorry if that was confusing.

Edit, so no charges after falling back, period? Not even for a Biker unit?

Also, I was under the impression that the 12" move from Wings happens immediately, during the Psychic phase. Is that incorrect?

The charging was because he is on a bike. Wings had nothing to do with that part. Sorry if that was confusing.

Also, I was under the impression that the 12" move from Wings happens immediately, during the Psychic phase. Is that incorrect?

Unless a unit has such a special rule (like the White Scars chapter tactic for example) no unit is allowed to charge after falling back, no. Not even Bikes.

Also yes the 12" move happens immediately but the psychic power persists until your next psychic phase which is mostly the unit have the FLY keyword. This allows you to move a Librarian Dreadnought or Biker Librarian on top of ruins and still be able to get down from it in your next movement phase without having to necessarily recast Wings. It also makes the unit vulnerable to anti-air weaponry btw.

What about this scenario: if the librarian was in combat, and didn't fall back in movement phase, then casted Wings to move out of combat. RAW he didn't fall back in the movement phase and should be able to shoot and charge as normal, correct?

He can shoot but cannot charge. Wings allows you to move as if it were a movement phase. You can only fall back if you start your movement within 1" of an enemy unit, you can still shoot because you have the fly keyword in the next shooting phase.

Unless a unit has such a special rule (like the White Scars chapter tactic for example) no unit is allowed to charge after falling back, no. Not even Bikes.

Also yes the 12" move happens immediately but the psychic power persists until your next psychic phase which is mostly the unit have the FLY keyword. This allows you to move a Librarian Dreadnought or Biker Librarian on top of ruins and still be able to get down from it in your next movement phase without having to necessarily recast Wings. It also makes the unit vulnerable to anti-air weaponry btw.

My mistake was with the rule Deathwatch Bikers confer to the Veterans unit they are attached to.

Since they are the only Bikers I've ever used I was under the impression that it was a Biker rule. I looked it up in the meantime and learned it is the Scars Chapter tactic.

Either way, question answered. Thanks, brothers.

Archived