Is Militarum Tempestus a <Regiment>?

domsto

i am wondering if the Storm Trooper Doctrine can be chosen for any non Sion Units.

My first thought was "clearly not", but then i looked into the Codex and i can't find any point that forbids this.

RAW all i have to do to get access to the Regimental Doctrines is to be Battle Forged and give every Unit the same Regiment.

so i can chose for all my Units with the <Regiment> Keyword a Regimental Doctrine from the List on Page 133 in the Codex on which there is also the Storm Trooper Doctrine.

So simple said, when i can chose for a Basilisk to be Cadia i am also allowed to choose Militarum Tempestus?

This is clearly not intended, but is it Possible?

Does anybody know a FAQ or something that makes this clear or do i misread some Rules? 

Militarum Tempestus cannot be used in place of <Regiment>. It says somewhere but I can't find it!

However you can create your own named regiment, and give it any doctrine you wish, including the Storm Trooper doctrine.

However, you then cannot choose Militarum Tempestus orders, units, strategems, relics, etc, as they are a different regiment.

None of the doctrines are specifically tied to a regiment as such. There is no Cadian doctrine for example, or a Catachan doctrine.

What you do have are the doctrines "Born Soldiers" and "Brutal Strength", which can be applied to any custom regiment. Cadians and Catachans are specific regiments that happen to be locked to them and have some unique bonuses only available to them.

Same with the Stormtroopers doctrine and Militarum Tempestus. The doctrine is freely available, but the specific regiment with all its strategems, relics and other requirements is locked to actual Scions.

None of the doctrines are specifically tied to a regiment as such. There is no Cadian doctrine for example, or a Catachan doctrine.

What you do have are the doctrines "Born Soldiers" and "Brutal Strength", which can be applied to any custom regiment. Cadians and Catachans are specific regiments that happen to be locked to them and have some unique bonuses only available to them.

Same with the Stormtroopers doctrine and Militarum Tempestus. The doctrine is freely available, but the specific regiment with all its strategems, relics and other requirements is locked to actual Scions.

That's not what i asked.

I wonder if it is possible that a Basilisk can have the Shook Trooper Doctrine and "Militarum Tempestus" as his Regimet Keyword

Check the codex FAQ I'm nearly sure it says militarum tempestus can't be chosen as a <regiment>. You can apply the storm troopers doctrine to a custom regiment but you can only get generic orders and the like if you do so.

I allready checkt every FAQ i could find and it says nothing about it.

RAW you can play everything as Militarum Tempestus and give them all the Militarum stuff like stratagems and Orders

No you can't. I explained this in my post.

I have now found the rule, Page 84 of the AM codex.

Units with the MILITARUM TEMPESTUS keyword treat this as their <REGIMENT> keyword in all respects, but the MILITARUM TEMPESTUS keyword cannot be used to replace the <REGIMENT> keyword on any other datasheet.

So you can't have MT Basilisks. But as I explained, you can have a custom regiment Basilisk with the Storm Trooper doctrine.

And the Storm Trooper doctrine isn't that good anyway. It's only 1 extra shot that has to hit, not an extra D6 attacks.

As I understand it you can get that doctrine for normal units in a custom regiment. There are two approaches for using normal Guard units:

A. For normal units you're free to choose any of the main 7 Regiments to replace their keyword <REGIMENT>. For example, even if Your Regment is in fluff named the 201st Frogland Pondhoppers from the Planet Frog and uses Tallarn metal models they can be granted the Regiment keyword "Cadian" and thus gain the Cadian doctrine and access to Cadian-specific orders, warlord trait and relics. As long as on your army list their <REGIMENT> is clearly Cadian. You can't grant "Militarum Tempestus" to replace their <REGIMENT> keyword and thus cannot gain access to their Storm Troopers doctrine/relic/stratagems via this approach, as that Regiment is reserved for units with it already on their datasheet.

B. You can assign the Regiment keyword <Frogland> for the custom regiment. By doing that you're free to choose any of the 8 regimental doctrines for your detachment, including the Storm Troopers doctrine, but as others have said you then can't go on to use Militarum tempestus warlord trait, relics or stratagemts as your Regiment is not actually Militarum Tempestus.

So you can get access to the Doctrine for normal units via a custom regiment but by doing so you wouldn't have any regiment-specific relics/strategems etc.

No you can't. I explained this in my post.

I have now found the rule, Page 84 of the AM codex.

Units with the MILITARUM TEMPESTUS keyword treat this as their <REGIMENT> keyword in all respects, but the MILITARUM TEMPESTUS keyword cannot be used to replace the <REGIMENT> keyword on any other datasheet.

So you can't have MT Basilisks. But as I explained, you can have a custom regiment Basilisk with the Storm Trooper doctrine.

And the Storm Trooper doctrine isn't that good anyway. It's only 1 extra shot that has to hit, not an extra D6 attacks.

Thank you:)

That's what i was looking for.

I was 100% sure it isn't allowed but i could not find the Rule why.

Also was not going to use it anyway it was just a thought that lead to arguments in my Gaming Group.

Archived