Custodes WIP

Paradogmatic

Just started tooling with my Custodes again after the latest rules drop -- mocked together a Sagittarum using a Warden instead of a Guard body -- I like the idea of some of them being more distinguished, but is it too static? The Wardens really are sort of standing there compared to the Guard.

Thoughts?

at5DAyd.jpg

Honestly? That looks way better than the Sagittarum models on Forge World's website because of the Warden body. It gives a much more distinguished look. And as Theduke mentions, the slow advance actually makes the posture a little more intimidating.

Plus, that pose would look good flanking a Shield-Captain (or other High Imperial). Makes him look like a watchful guardian.

Thanks for the input. Confirms what I was thinking -- makes sense for them to be less mobile with what amounts to a Heavy Bolter with a death laser strapped onto it. I think its a win-win since Wardens aren't ideal minus the use of some axes -- and I definitely have some extra Guard who can now be equipped with axes instead to represent Warden if need be.

Archived