Chaplain dread and priest buffs

Brother Cruoris

Hello!

Was looking at the Chaplain venerable dreadnought and his ability Icon of hate which gives +1str if you are in combat with the same unit as him.

If we then add a priest to this for another +1str from the blood chalice we should get +2str. These 2 abilities do stack right?

Are there anyway/unit we have that could make use of these buffs?

Like VV with mauls or spears. That would give them S8 but only AP-1. But it might be better to just stick with a power sword for that AP-3. Since most T7 or 8 has a 2+ or 3+ save.

Any thoughts on this?

Yeah they stack. I don't think there's much point to it though. It would only make a difference against T5 and T6 enemies which are rather rare these days (unless of course you happen to fight Custodes or Crisis Suits a lot I guess). Against T3 we already wound on 2+ even without any buffs thanks to Red Thirst anyway.

If you want Vanguards to kill tanks just give them Thunderhammers.

Which unit has T12? Also a Thunderhammer would still be much better for that job considering the AP-3 D3.

Knights? Yes, a thunderhammer is better, but that's not what we're talking about.

Must be Forgeworld Knights then since the ones in the GW Codex only have T8. Also it kinda is what we're talking about as I mentioned in my post before yours that stacking those strength buffs has relatively low return value. If you want to kill tanks give your guys something that's designed to kill tanks rather than trying to cumbersomly stack different buffs and still be worse off.

From what im learning that this idea is nice but wouldnt want to get carried away with. Cause you can only get up 2+ to wound and with how wounding charts work you might over do it / overcommit. With red thirst you have it covered. And talking with a couple of other people about i would focus more on -ap rather than Str

Archived