Bases on named characters?

PaladinStormlord

I know there is still some debate on base sizes, but when it comes to named characters (Dante, Brother Corbulo, etc), do people tend to leave them on the smaller bases that they come with? Or is it common to put them on the 32 or possibly the 40 mm bases? I feel like I NEED to bump my Sanguinor to a larger base as his wings/stance make him tipsy. 

Any input would be appreciated.

If we go with how GW has been doing it recently, Characters, especially named Characters, are on 32mm bases at the minimum (see: all the new Genestealer Cult human-sized models), more commonly 40mm (see: Khârn, Ahriman, Haarken Worldclaimer) for "normal" marines and 50mm for bigger (Typhus, PriMarneus Calgar).

In my opinion, go with what feels right.

Also yes, the Sanguinor needs to be on a 40mm base because his wingspan is huge and makes him hilariously unbalanced on anything smaller than 32mm :laugh.:

Remember: Going bigger with the bases is less problematic than going SMALLER with the bases. No one will bat an eye at Dante on a 40mm base. People will question what you're getting at if you put PriMarneus on a 32mm though

Archived