FW Termite drill size

Feral_80

Would anybody be so kind to confirm the precise measures (xyz) of the FW Termite drill?

I am trying to scratch build some and I would like to be as faithful as possible.

Btw I am usimg sector mechanicus furnace parts for my drills.

More or less I figured it out.
This is the wip - the emerged one is slightly bigger in size, but I don't mind. They are not going to be used in tournaments anyway.

I had little more than 1 furnace kit so I had to improvise a bit, but I am quite happy with the look of both:

ICXm3Q9.jpg
tO3jtCy.jpg

So far so good, I guess. Except that the drill itself is missing, of course, as I had no proper bit for that.

Fortunately, by the looks of it it seems that the Genestealer cults Tectonic Fragdrill has just what I need :biggrin.: I'll scan ebay to try to get a couple of its pointy bits.

A mix of spackle, colored powder, sand and debris, plus a lot of chunks of cork (which you can buy in cheap sheets at a diy store). Add a layer of watered down vynil glue to protect it once it is dry.

This will need some washing and drybrush, but it looks quite ok to me as Martian earth.

Using GW textured paint to make that much earth would cost more than a proper FW drill!

Archived