Something on Fires of Cyraxus

Black Knight

I'm not sure I'm interested in units that basically duplicate units I already have. I love the look of the figures, though, so there is that. Especially the tech thralls. That being said, I'd probably plump for some of the especially cool looking units and find a place for them.

If this is true then all glory for the Omnissiah.

I have around 2000p of Thallax (and Ursarax) and a sizable Cybernetica contingent and some assorted stuff I would love to use but all the local players I know are 40k.

I don’t even mind if the rules end up a bit on the week side (though obviously average (or even good) rules would be nice) but just the ability to play an army I really love (considering the time/effort/money investment in something I cannot even play a game with) would be great.

I certainly found building my one Castellax was a challenge, the ammo feed was very difficult (much harder than sorting out cables on the Thallax), I used a hair dryer by the end. I also noticed the inner shoulders can be glued rotated which can give a much wider range of arm positions than many use.

I picked up some 2 nd hand Myrmidon today, very lovely models.

Being truthful, not greatly! They're very expensive and the AP4 doesn't do them any favours in the heresy world of the 3+ save. However they have Fleshbane (always wounds on a 2+), Rad-Phage (models wounded but not slain suffer -1T), Ignores Cover and Pinning, all on a 3 blast template barrage. I imagine this could translate very nicely into 8th, wounding non-vehicles on a 2+, inflicting the toughness debuffs and having an ap-1 or similar.

It also has some Lightning Blaster Sentinels, which are short ranged S7 AP5 3 shot rending guns that shoots snap shots at a 5+ instead of 6.

It can also ram other vehicles decently.

I'm not sure I'm interested in units that basically duplicate units I already have. I love the look of the figures, though, so there is that. Especially the tech thralls. That being said, I'd probably plump for some of the especially cool looking units and find a place for them.

I wouldn't be worried, the only real crossover is the Secutarii. The 30k robots are very different to the Kastellans.

I guess my avenger will stay aeronautica only :sad.:

With the way 8th works, this is probably inevitable. But also due to how 8th works - it means you can bring some flyers pretty easily, either a single one for -1CP or three for +1CP.

Thanks for the rundown on the units. It's interesting to hear how the meta differs between the two games. How does the Karacnos work in 30k? I don't really know how the rad mortars would work. Do they wound on a fixed roll or something?

Archived