Freakshow's Thread O' Stuff - IW Plague Marines

Freakshow668

Howdy,

Currently working a fairly disparate range of stuff, so i thought i'd throw them all into one thread.

First up, a test piece for my Iron Warriors Plague Marine force. My wife got me a load of Death Guard stuff for Christmas and they've been sat on my desk unpainted since then. I realised that i just don't like the Death Guard colour scheme (Read: I suck at painting it!), but looking at the models i decided they'd look cool as Iron Warriors, so here we go...

xoTQgKo.jpg

Hope you like and thanks for looking.

Combining two of my favourite Chaosy things – great result! The brass and silver scheme work really nicely on these figures. Have you considered a tuft of static flock to add a finishing touch to the base, and perhaps some ink or gloss on the tentacles? I think that would help them pop, and provide some lovely contrast for little effort. 

Either way, looking nice; looking forward to seeing some more.

[quote name="Apologist" post="5264493"

Have you considered a tuft of static flock to add a finishing touch to the base, and perhaps some ink or gloss on the tentacles? I think that would help them pop, and provide some lovely contrast for little effort.

Thanks, glad you like.

I was thinking the base needed a little something, I'll definitely add a little grass. I'll work on the tentacles a bit more too, they are a little washed out.

PLAGUE *IRON* WITHIN, PLAGUE *IRON* WITHOUT

Now that is a plague marine! One thing I really don't like about the promo pictures from GW with plague marines is that they look so cartoony with the bright colours. This darker, grungier look suits the grimdark aesthetic and makes them look more sinister so I can't praise you enough mate for the paint job.

One small thing I could suggest perhaps is maybe some more drippy goodness? Eg; bleeding from the cracks in the armour or pus oozing from the tentacles. Just food for thought. Great work though mate definitely keeping an eye on this thread to see what else you do! :)

One small thing I could suggest perhaps is maybe some more drippy goodness? Eg; bleeding from the cracks in the armour or pus oozing from the tentacles. Just food for thought.

Great shout, I just need to find a good way to paint pus.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Also like the guard a lot. Are the zombie-like heads from puppetswar?

They're from Anvil, got a bunch of them to do a load of these guys, they're really nice heads, although they don't quite fit on the guardsmen torsos, I've had to cut them back a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived