Redneck chaos marines?

Beatnik cryptek

Marines recruits are still just childs and then get brainwashed and everything. Even if they recruit from rednecks there wouldn't be much left of it by the time they become Marines. Orks would fit such a 'theme' much better in-universe. If you really want to do it with CSM there's nothing stopping you though. They're your models after all.

A cross between Wolves and Emperors Children? Drunks with Sonic Banjos? :laugh.:

I would actually say Night Lords.

1. They frequently recruit from prisons, breaking criminals out to "raise hell" and if they survive, they get upgraded.

2. Their armor looks like glossy auto paint. Use big flake 70's style paint for maximum effect.

3. They're covered in "heavy metal" imagery that looks like album art or van murals. :)

4. They are constantly finding unique ways to terrify their targets. "Hold my beer" indeed.

5. The airwaves on target planets are jammed with crazy noises and screams. Metal, bluegrass, and Insane Clown Posse certainly qualify.

I could go on and on.... :)

It's hard for me to see rednecks as an actual codex-CSM army, since my perpection of rednecks from those I have met is quite positive. However, I do think this general conviviality could play into a Death Guard or Nurgle army quite well. Perhaps one could spin in a survivalist aspect as well, which would pair well with Nurglite philosophy. (It would also be interesting to see a Plague Marine painted up in plaid flannel.)

It's hard for me to see rednecks as an actual codex-CSM army, since my perpection of rednecks from those I have met is quite positive. However, I do think this general conviviality could play into a Death Guard or Nurgle army quite well. Perhaps one could spin in a survivalist aspect as well, which would pair well with Nurglite philosophy. (It would also be interesting to see a Plague Marine painted up in plaid flannel.)

Yeah....maybe the Cajun variety, even? Happy, swamp-dwelling Nurgle-folk with lots of Plague Toads and some Sump Crocs swapped in for Beasts of Nurgle?

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Night Lord Chav army all done up in Burberry or one (more seriously) with hints at Bratva iconography.

I fluff the old remaining Terrans in my IW Warband as having the attitude of Texas oil riggers, because that's roughly where they were recruited during the Great Crusade. Could be a decent avenue if redneck is what you're after.

Archived