Swapping bullgryn for custodes

mertbl

Playing around with list building and found I can fit a patrol of custodes(5+1 captain) if I drop my bullgryn and their support characters.

Anyone ever done this, thoughts, etc. Looking at a competitive angle. Doesnt change my CP, still get my brigade and battalion(+Custodes patrol). The custodes seem like they'll be more able to stand on their own. Dont need strats, powers, extra characters.

If you do go down the terminator route (and who doesn’t love Terminators?) then you might also consider Aquilon Terminators. They’re more expensive than Allarus but with adrathic destructors they’re a straight upgrade over the Allarus in terms of pure combat. However the Allarus have access to some amazing stratagems so if you’re willing to dump some CP into them they’re probably better.

The problem with running an Aux of custodies, is you lose out on the +1 invuln save to infantry/bikes and obsec.

Do you? I couldn't find the stipulation that says it can't be an Auxiliary detachment like it says in most other codexes.

The problem with running an Aux of custodies, is you lose out on the +1 invuln save to infantry/bikes and obsec.

Do you? I couldn't find the stipulation that says it can't be an Auxiliary detachment like it says in most other codexes.

Yeah I looked for that too and couldn’t find anything. The ability just says an Adeptus Custodes detachment. I can’t see any rule that says they wouldn’t get it.

Archived