Custom DA Super Heavy

Thoughts on the rules here for a custom DA superheavy?  See link for picture of WIP https://www.game-fortress.org/explore/collection/Master-Seraphims-Armor-35

M WS BS S T W A Ld Sv * 5+ * 9 8 26 * 8 3+

Custom Rules: 
Explodes, Steel Behemoth, Smoke Launchers
See Codex Astra Militarum Baneblade Tank entry for rules

Remaining Wounds, M, BS, A
14-26, 10in, 3+, 9
7-13, 7in, 4+, 6
1-6, 4in, 5+, 3

Custom Weapons: 
Plasma Macro Cannon
Range 36" Heavy 3D6 Strength 8 AP -3 Damage 3

Upgrades: Lascannon: 25, Lascannon: 25, Lascannon: 25, Lascannon: 25, Twin Heavy Bolter: 17, Twin Heavy Bolter: 17, Demolisher Cannon: 40, Plasma Cannon: 21, Executioner Plasma Cannon: 35, Executioner Plasma Cannon: 35, Twin Heavy Bolter: 17, Plasma Macro Cannon: 0

Effectively a legion baneblade variant, doesn’t seem so strange to me. That actually raises the point of what happened to all the legionaries baneblades/varients in the first place. There’s still relic Sicarians and Deredero’s kicking about, why not a handful of Astartes grade relic ‘Blades?

I like it. I might try my hand at making one for giggles if/when I get a Fellblade or Glaive.

Though, I feel the Plasma Cannon on the turret seems a little dinky in terms of size. Maybe a Warhound's Plasma Blastgun instead?

I like it. I might try my hand at making one for giggles if/when I get a Fellblade or Glaive.

Though, I feel the Plasma Cannon on the turret seems a little dinky in terms of size. Maybe a Warhound's Plasma Blastgun instead?

Thanks for the feedback guys! Yes, the main "Plasma Macro Cannon" does feel a little bit stubby doesn't it :D Got it from a custom eBay seller.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Yes, the main "Plasma Macro Cannon" does feel a little bit stubby doesn't it :biggrin.: Got it from a custom eBay seller.

No problem :lol:

And yes, the "Plasma Macro Cannon" looks kind of stubby for the rules you made. Like, Noisy Cricket levels of size/power discrepancy :lol:

You could change it to-

Plasma Retribution cannon

Range 36", Heavy 12, Str 7, AP -3, D3

Supercharge profile gets +1 Str/Dam, causes a mortal wound on hit roll of 1

Makes it still similar to other plasma weaponry in terms of strength and damage, but with more shots and guaranteed shots due to it having Dark Age tech in it. Balanced out by the short range and general meh-ness of plasma.

You could change it to-

Makes it still similar to other plasma weaponry in terms of strength and damage, but with more shots and guaranteed shots due to it having Dark Age tech in it. Balanced out by the short range and general meh-ness of plasma.

I like this! Thinking about changing it to that! Would be overpowered if the damage was still flat 3. But I feel like number of shots is actually more important in most cases - feels more "Dark Age" ish

You could change it to-

I like this! Thinking about changing it to that! Would be overpowered if the damage was still flat 3. But I feel like number of shots is actually more important in most cases - feels more "Dark Age" ish

I'd look at the Stormblade for reference for a Baneblade-sized Plasma cannon. And since it's a Space Marine relic vehicle, I'd say make it like how the Relic Predator's Plasma Cannon is. So no overcharging/overheating, but it's always in an 'overcharged' state for it's strength/damage (because, Relic). Could also give it a similar rule to the Aberrant weapons, where, even though it's a variable damage it will ALWAYS do a minimum of X amount of damage.

For reference, the Stormblade's Plasma Blastgun:

72" Heavy 2D6 S8 AP-3 D2

96" Heavy 2D6 S9 AP-3 D3 (1 mortal wound per 1 rolled to hit)

So using that as reference here's what I'd recommend:

Range 48", Heavy 8, Str 8, AP -3, D d6

Special: This weapon's damage is always minimum of 3 (count rolls of 1 or 2 as 3 instead).

It is smaller in size than a Stormblade's turret weapon though, so making it so powerfull seems too much. I view it as an oversized plasma cannon from a Leman Russ Executioner, but with more shots due to Dark Age cooling tech allowing it to fire more on a single charge. Either way, should be fun to play with!

Archived