Severina Raine opinion

I was hoping that this new commissar would be a great new model. After looking at her data sheet, I realized that she kind of sucks. She costs more than a lord commissar, but is inferior in most ways. Her stat lines are:

WS 3+ BS 3+ T3 S3 W3 A3 Save 4+.

That's a normal commissar with a better armor save. Her melee weapon is objectively worse than what an ordinary commissar can wield. She has a good bolt pistol, but an AP-1 bolt pistol isn't that great. Her special ability would be great if she had an invulnerable save, but getting her into combat to use it is a liability. If she had a 5+ invulnerable save, she'd be worth 35 or maybe 40 points. As it stands, she's too fragile to be useful which kind of sucks. I might still pick her up and play her as a lord commissar instead of being the named character.

That's all. I just needed to rant.

She is completely useless. Even with an invulnerable save, she would be.

Overpriced and really hard to exploit that Ld buff bubble in practical terms.

Avoid, or just use as a normal (lord) commissar if you like the model.

She is completely useless. Even with an invulnerable save, she would be.

Overpriced and really hard to exploit that Ld buff bubble in practical terms.

Avoid, or just use as a normal (lord) commissar if you like the model.

I think she'd be great if she were a lord commissar with all the stats that come with lord commissars. Her leadership ability would be worth the crappy sword.

Shes practically useless.

You want a Commissar with your infantry squads (debatable now the rules changed, but say theoretically you do).

You want to be shooting with your infantry squads rather than in combat (unless Catachans), which makes her aura useless.

If you happen to find yourself in combat, then she may be useful, but the enemy will focus attacks on her and she will die first round making her useless.

It would actually be more annoying if she was really good, "forcing" people to buy an exclusive pricey model.

The rules are a little confusing though, not quite sure what they were going for there! Fantastic model that I might get, but I already have a pair of Commissars that I never use.

Agreed unfortunately they tried to slot her between a LC and a regular commissar

Are ground that doesnt offer any benefit and her sabre is significantly worse than a power sword

She is however an awesome looking model and there's no reason you couldn't just play her as a LC with relic power sword

Which is probably what I'm going to do although my Artel W commissar is also similarly impressive so I guess I just have options :D

Agreed unfortunately they tried to slot her between a LC and a regular commissar

Are ground that doesnt offer any benefit and her sabre is significantly worse than a power sword

She is however an awesome looking model and there's no reason you couldn't just play her as a LC with relic power sword

Which is probably what I'm going to do although my Artel W commissar is also similarly impressive so I guess I just have options :D

That is what I plan to do. It just sucks that they have a new model and her rules suck.

She is really bad rulewise. More expensive and worst as a Lord Commissar.

I just proxy mine as a Lord Commissar.

I expect her to drop around 15 points in the next CA.

I hope either that or she gets the lord commissar stat line. I want her stats to be as follows:

WS 2+ BS 2+ T3 S3 W4 A3 LD 9 SV 4+ with a 5+ invulnerable save. Keep her special rule and war gear. If they do that, she'd be worth 35-40 points. Maybe put her in an HQ slot.

Her sword scabbard is on the wrong hip. Not sure why that bothers me.

If I had a reason to even bring a commissar, I'd probably bring one of the 7 that GW has already "forced" upon me through various boxed sets. If I needed another commissar, she'd be a nice addition, even for such a high price, but not using her own rules.

I like the sculpt. Rules are weak, though quite cool in principal. Commissar inspiring whilst getting stuck into close combat is nice idea (even catachans would respect that...)

Guard community has reacted to female figure with a big 'shrug' - which is great. I guess we are so used to treating guard as skinbags holding a weapon we don't really care about the various nuances different skinbags have! Also gaunts book series dealt with it a decade ago.

It is a wicked cool looking model. I bought it to use as a regular Lord Commissar in an upcoming escalation league for cities of death.

I'm sad her rules are bleh, but commissars in general are bleh anyway. I'm more upset at the terrible resin quality they use to cast these limited characters. For $35 I expected a bit better product. The sculpt is great and so is the aesthetic, but I spent a lot of time heating and bending her sword and scabbard so they didn't look like bent pasta noodles. Fair amount of gap on some joints too.

Archived