A question on hand flamers

t-dog1996

I noticed in the Adepta Sororitas beta codex that hand flamers have been changed from D3 shots to D6 shots, with no increase in price from the base of 1pt. This also apparently applies to all armies, not just sisters. Well there used to be a fun thing you could do with a Blood Angels Tactical Sergeant where you could give the guy two hand flamers and both could be fired in the same turn. Can we still do this? I feel like this would be utterly brutal against horde armies. Sure it's only strength 3 but let's face it a potential 12 hits is nothing to be sniffed at.

Still d3 for us right?

Doesn't look like it no. The exact wording in Chapter Approved says this: "We have improved the hand flamer's type from Pistol D3 to Pistol D6. We will errata this profile in all our other books wherever it appears. Burn the heretic!"

Sounds like they intend the improvement to apply to everyone.

If it does change, D6 S3 shots is actually usable for 1pt.

I think the best use would be DC or such w/ hand flamer + chainsword or such for dedicated anti-horde removal. Beyond that I don't know if how worth it they are unless you around to trying to from 1999 to 2000pts for OCD reasons.

I might be wrong but I`m sure that someone on this forum actually did that once? :) I want to say it was our own Charlo but I`m not sure :)

THEY WHISPER MY NAME AND FREE ME FROM THIS PRISON! MUHUHUWAHAHAHA!

But yeah, was me. I lost interest in finishing them when templates got removed though... However D6 per guy might convince me.

Pics here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/300384-charlos-wip-thread-van-saar-gang/?p=4225596

I noticed in the Adepta Sororitas beta codex that hand flamers have been changed from D3 shots to D6 shots, with no increase in price from the base of 1pt. This also apparently applies to all armies, not just sisters. Well there used to be a fun thing you could do with a Blood Angels Tactical Sergeant where you could give the guy two hand flamers and both could be fired in the same turn. Can we still do this? I feel like this would be utterly brutal against horde armies. Sure it's only strength 3 but let's face it a potential 12 hits is nothing to be sniffed at.

Unfortunately,  SoB Hand Flamers are now 3ppm, as listed in the points cost section of their beta codex. RaW, i think you can try to say that they will are 1ppm for us, since the little blurb about the change applying to everyone else as well doesn't  explicitly mention the new cost, but i suspect that Rai, since the SoB ones are now 3ppm, ours are meant to be as well.

Unfortunately,  SoB Hand Flamers are now 3ppm, as listed in the points cost section of their beta codex. RaW, i think you can try to say that they will are 1ppm for us, since the little blurb about the change applying to everyone else as well doesn't  explicitly mention the new cost, but i suspect that Rai, since the SoB ones are now 3ppm, ours are meant to be as well.

It doesn't say the change applies to everyone else though. It says it will apply to everyone else. Future, not present. The change for everyone not SoB still has to arrive.

My guess on the Sisters cost is that they are much more wide-spread and to balance the likes of Seraphim. Not to mention they'll probably see some big synergy in the final codex.

Jump DC with FF can be a fun tactic too.

Not bad at all... Keeps 'em cheap too while maintaining some decent damage. Woe betide anyone who doesn't retreat so you get to shoot them in combat too.

Archived