Hellblasters- any good

dice4thedicegod

The Assault variant is honestly the last one I'd go for. You lose the extremely valuable S8 and most of the time you wouldn't want to advance them since it would make supercharging them even more dangerous. Just go with the Rapid fire variant if they are supposed to move and the Heavy variant if they are supposed to stay back in some ruins or something.

Isn't advancing and firing overcharged just the same as firing regular overcharge? It's a -1 so twos become ones and ones become zeros.

Actually I'd feel safer if they overheat on twos. We all know ones are more common than twos :biggrin.:

Main Rulebook FAQ pg.3:
Q: Can a dice roll ever be modified to less than 1?
A: No. If, after all modifiers have been applied, a dice roll would be less than 1, count that result as a 1.

Isn't advancing and firing overcharged just the same as firing regular overcharge? It's a -1 so twos become ones and ones become zeros.

Actually I'd feel safer if they overheat on twos. We all know ones are more common than twos :biggrin.:

Main Rulebook FAQ pg.3:
Q: Can a dice roll ever be modified to less than 1?
A: No. If, after all modifiers have been applied, a dice roll would be less than 1, count that result as a 1.

Well, I never took the assault variant before, guess I'm never gonna either.

Using them to advance isn't the reason to take them - it's to get 2 shots at 16" to 24" meaning you can hang back if needed (over the rapid fire variant).

True. That's always felt slightly counter intuitive about some assault weapons, Hellblasters probably more than any other due to how the other variants work. I've always stuck with the rapid fire, neither of the upgrades really feel worth their points.

Archived