Vanguard armour paint schemes - your thoughts please

plasmaspam

I'm torn.

The idea of Vanguard Infiltrators, Eliminators, etc is stealth. I've seen the images of bright red BA and luminous yellow IH's - kinda defeats the purpose!

I'm pondering whether to go my normal greenwing, a darker green almost approaching Ravenwing colours, or go for a camo scheme.

Interested to know what others are thinking.

Well, since my Dark Angels are already all black (the reason is explained in my thread in the Dark Angels forum), I'm planning on making the cloaks on my Vanguard am urban digicam pattern, based on Duz_'s digicam he did on his Raven Guard:
gallery_87434_12256_102997.jpg

Actually awkward as I considered doing mine with red tiger or red digital to go with the consecrators scheme. I did always believe the cloaks were more high tech then they look as in they shift colours like chameleons when a marine takes cover near an object or building and the cloak phases into a new colour, however it kinda messes with the whole high tech space marine suit that would probably do better with cloaking tech.

@Dark Rage - on the premise that the NL armour lightning patterns are animated across the plating, not just painted on, this supports your idea that the armour itself should have adaptive camo/cloaking capability. Its one idea I had been thinking about for this.

I’m still struggling with the idea of space marines sneaking about in camouflage. If I get them I’ll probably stick with my cream on the out side purple on the inside scheme.

Chaps is right, camo is typically frowned upon, however there is some precedent for camo laid out in the badab war. They fall under campaign specific schemes. Most actors in that war had some sort of alternate scheme.

I will be painting mine in camo regardless (eventually) Thats the good thing about the hobby, reality can be whatever you like.

Another thing to consider, a green camo, so it fits in your scheme

Archived