Havocs vs Predators

Furnace Lord

I honestly barely pay attention to my detachments. It's always a Battalion and then I take everything I want. If it so happens that I've got enough HQs and units from a specific FOC I'll put them into an additional detachment. I don't plan my army arounds detachments, I plan my detachments around my army. ^^

T5 Havoc makes things interesting. Also a possible interesting combo is 2 units of Havocs in a Landraider with a JP Characarter behind the Land Raider.

If you want to avoid that use Rhinos. 3x Rhinos with a unit of 5x havocs and 5x Chosen with combi-weapons can force your opponent to make some tough choices.

Last time I used a Predator they had Armour Values/ hull points. Even then they pulled their weight, my twin las and HB setup was great mobility and firepower. However oddly the pts difference I see on the codex pred and the FW one is slight, I always found CSM having more competition in the HS slots than the elites. So more of a slots thing? FW preds and new 5 man havocs seem ok, though I think taking at least two preads is better than one, seems that 2+ unit principle is little changed even now in 8th ed. 

Archived