Miscellaneous Vigilus Thoughts

BrainFireBob

I'll probably use mine as Crimson Slaughter with the Warlord Trait (-2 Ld). But, that's for my fun army. The heroic interventions combined with a buff or debuff aura from warlord, legion traits, or relics might be good.

Another thing I've thought about, what about a sorcerer with Warprime and the Host Raptorial relic?

Edit: I guess that's not so good since the relic says in the movement or charge phase, then again, warp time says as if it were movement phase.

Edit: I guess that's not so good since the relic says in the movement or charge phase, then again, warp time says as if it were movement phase.

WT allows you to move as if it were the movement phase; it doesn't actually mean that it is the movement phase. The Raptorial relic only triggers when it is actually the movement phase, so would not work with WT.

WT allows you to move as if it were the movement phase; it doesn't actually mean that it is the movement phase. The Raptorial relic only triggers when it is actually the movement phase, so would not work with WT.
Yeah, I figured it would be that way. The relic says charge phase too, but beta rules for FLY and charge make that irrelevant. I wonder if we could convince GW to let warp time work. It seems like they intended for it to possibly work more than once per turn. Letting warp time trigger it doesn't seem too broken if we can't use it during charges.

No to hit penalty on essentially a power fist is nice, but now that chaos lords/exalted champions can take thunder hammers, I think I'd much rather take one of those. Flat 3 damage is just so much better than d3, and after years of being denied thunder hammers man I want to make up for lost time by beating up some loyalists with my hammerlord. 

Not to mention the Lord has a 4++ while the MoE doesn't so he's much more resilient against characters as well. ^^

Archived