Thoughts on the Master of Executions?

Kaldoth

That would've made him less viable in my book.

I often find myself needing HQ's to fill detachments, and cheap HQ's are not that easy to come by in our army.
I more or less never find myself needing more Elites however.

Honestly, if he was an Elite I doubt I'd even consider taking him.

Just a thought, but had he been given an Elite roll instead of HQ would that change your opinion on his viability?

Not at all to be honest. It would change anything about the fact that CSM have better characters for the beatstick role.

Rules aside, he has a good base for a conversion. I want someone to change out the axe for the buzz saw from the GSC Acolyte hybrids, with that creepy skin/cloth mask head option as a Night Lord. Imagine being a guardsman in a hive block, the lights are flickering, your teeth start rattling with the hum of power armour and you hear footsteps approaching- then the saw starts up......

The MoE is a great model, but I think I'll use an Exalted Chamion with TH if I'm looking for a relatively cheap and decent character killer - plus, it's not like we've ever needed a dedicated unit for that anyway.

My thoughts on him are solely on Natfka's post from yesterday... where he shows a picture from the codex, points out this guy, and said paragraphs on how this is another unit no one knew about. It was quickly deleted...

On an actually on point statement, his reliable damage at a cheap cost, and his lack of demand to actually be part of the same legion as everyone around him, make him an excellent hq slot filler.

Yes! I was the First One that pointed out that! :D

However the model is cool and i Will get One for sure :)

Archived