Mortian HBT is available again.

Joe

• 1 year later...

If it was a bit smaller I'd buy three but as it is it's too big for a Russ and too small for a Macharius.

I was trying to do some research on this tank and there are a few size comparisons out there. It looks like it maybe about the same size as the Malcador line of tanks. So I think that's the best counts as and comparison.

the chimera one looks awesome but is too big

I really like that model. Not sure how much larger than a Chimera it is. 

Is bigger that much of a problem though?

From the dimensions on the website it seems to be roughly the same width and height as a Chimera, just about 50% longer.

All of the medium vehicles seem to be based on the same chassis (look and dimensions wise) and they all seem to be longer than GW's vehicles.

It might be more visible on the tabletop, because it is longer or occupy more space, but other than that it seems fine, especially because it is not meant to be a chimera proxy by itself.

LR's, Chimeras and basilisks are about 9-11cm/about 4 inches long and the mortian ones are 15cm/about 6 inches long, other dimensions are similar, only slight differences.

Edited by GreenScorpion

Well. It's definitely bigger than a leman Russ. Not sure how all the mortian tanks compare to one another. They do seam to have different sizes from comparisons I saw of mortians to other mortians.

Here is a pict of a mortian and a leman Russ.

https://storage.googleapis.com/spikeybits-staging-bucket/2019/10/Mortian-comparison.jpg

I also saw this comparison of different mortian tanks.

https://m.facebook.com/MortianTank/posts/size-comparison-with-the-existing-mortian-tank/923867027990571/

Edited by Canadian_F_H

40K                L                    W               H
Landraider    17cm/6.7"      10cm/3.9"  7cm/2.8"
Rhino           11.5cm/4.5"    7.5cm/3"    5cm/2"
Predator       11.5cm/4.5"    7.5cm/3"    6.5cm/2"
Baneblade    22.5cm/8.9"   14cm/5.5"  11cm/4.3"
Leman Russ 11cm/4.3"      8cm/3.1"    7.5cm/3"
Basilisk         11.5cm/4.5"   9cm/3.5"    4.5cm/1.8"
Chimera        11.5cm/4.5"   9cm/3.5"    6cm/2.4"

L                  W               H

Mortian transport 15 cm / 6″     8 cm / 3″   5,5 cm / 2,2″

Mortian tank         16cm / 6,2"  9cm / 3,5" 7,5cm / 3"

Mortian artillery    16cm / 6,3″  8cm / 3″    4,5cm / 1,7″

These should give a rough idea.

Any dimensions for the Forge World Malcador line of tanks? I think they are going to be the closest in dimensions. Since the malcador is imperial guard tank between the leman Russ and Macharius classes. And the mortians are also in between the Russ and Mach. Edited by Canadian_F_H

Any dimensions for the Forge World Malcador line of tanks? I think they are going to be the closest in dimensions. Since the malcador is imperial guard tank between the leman Russ and Macharius classes. And the mortians are also in between the Russ and Mach.

I couldn't find any exact dimensions, but length wise it seems to be around 16-18cm/7'' (supposedly not counting weapons), something along those lines, so only slightly longer than the mortian ones. If they are a bit on the small side, you can always add a few more armour plates or something like that if it is just 1 or 2 cm.

I am guessing that it should be a closer match for the malcador than other guard vehicles.