Termite Drills for CSM?

Evil Eye

I'm kind of wondering if a unit of ten possessed backed by two greater possessed might be worth loading up into this thing.  A termite drill is beefy enough to put a close combat unit into, and a 9 inch charge the turn it arrives isn't completely unrealistic with a CP reroll. You'd be doing some damage in the turn it arrives between shooting and a successful charge, and then 10 possessed and 2 greater possessed on the next turn is between 20-40 S7 ap2 attacks. Definitely a threat to beefier targets and characters :D

I'm kind of wondering if a unit of ten possessed backed by two greater possessed might be worth loading up into this thing.  A termite drill is beefy enough to put a close combat unit into, and a 9 inch charge the turn it arrives isn't completely unrealistic with a CP reroll. You'd be doing some damage in the turn it arrives between shooting and a successful charge, and then 10 possessed and 2 greater possessed on the next turn is between 20-40 S7 ap2 attacks. Definitely a threat to beefier targets and characters :biggrin.:

Maybe drop one GP to get a MoP to buff them even further?

I'm kind of wondering if a unit of ten possessed backed by two greater possessed might be worth loading up into this thing.  A termite drill is beefy enough to put a close combat unit into, and a 9 inch charge the turn it arrives isn't completely unrealistic with a CP reroll. You'd be doing some damage in the turn it arrives between shooting and a successful charge, and then 10 possessed and 2 greater possessed on the next turn is between 20-40 S7 ap2 attacks. Definitely a threat to beefier targets and characters :biggrin.:

If one wants to run the Daemonkin Ritualists detachment and that many Possessed I'd say that's the way to go.

I honestly didn't even think about that. All these new choices are so hard to keep up with :laugh.: After all, why bother taking a second Greated Possessed when you can just turn an enemy character into one :P 

I've been strongly considering running 10possessed with a greaterpossessed and chaos lord in a termite. With Red Corsairs, you slap the Maelstroms Bite on the lord and he provides some nice firesupport and reroll aura to the angry possessed. Bersekers still hit a lot harder, but they're absolute glass cannons. Possessed seem like they can dig in for a few rounds.

I'd still reccomend against deepstriking the drill with assault units. If you flub the charge, they just take too damn long to get into combat, and thats a lot of points to not be impacting the game. Turn 1, run the drill forward (you have lots of target saturation, RIGHT?), cast warptime on it if you really need to hustle, then turn 2 an advance/charge (plus another warptime if needed) will get your goobers into combat on turn 2 just fine.

Archived