Ideas for converting Acolytes to join my Dark Apostle

40k nut

Hi all, I already have a Dark Apostle, and want to make two acolytes to join him. His prayer role goes up from a 3+ to a 2+ if they are with him. I already have a hooded chaos cultist I could use for the main body of one of them. Any ideas for another body, or arms that are holding books, torches or perhaps whatever those things are that hang from chains and burn incense?? There must be some AOS kits that have those type of parts. Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I already have a Dark Apostle, and want to make two acolytes to join him. His prayer role goes up from a 3+ to a 2+ if they are with him. I already have a hooded chaos cultist I could use for the main body of one of them. Any ideas for another body, or arms that are holding books, torches or perhaps whatever those things are that hang from chains and burn incense?? There must be some AOS kits that have those type of parts. Thanks in advance!

The "things are that hang from chains and burn incense" are called censers. And for the censers, look to the Dark Angels or Death Guard ranges. I think the Death Guard range has quite a few censers with smoke coming from them

As to arms holding books and torches: Age of Sigmar, specifically the Free Peoples/Devoted of Sigmar (read: the old Empire) range. The Flagellants in particular is, imo, perfect for making some deranged cultists:

99120202017_FlagellantsNEW01.jpg

I don't know the exact bits in the kit, but the Age of Sigmar Battlemage box lets you build 2 figures in robes, one option has a book and another has a staff with a giant torch. Not sure if it's the aesthetic you're looking for but it struck me as a possibility.

When the flagllant kits came out, many GW plastic infantry models are still bad(ancient tactical squad, ancient guardsmen) at that time, and i brought 20 and converted them to many functions.

Now they are a bit overpriced(due to webstore exclusive), Cawdor gang may be better choice for you.

Im using these. 

http://www.solegends.com/citrr/1rr16redemption/_07A4324x-01.jpg

http://www.solegends.com/citrr/1rr16redemption/c3p56rr16disciplesx-01.jpg

I have lost the Leader and the Standard bearer but I have plenty of Disciples left.

I even have the Cultist from Dark Future somewhere, I might use him alongside the old RoC Slaanesh dude with the KKK style hood and flail for my Slaanesh Apostle.

I am going to use my old oop chaos warhounds/ combat familiar models. They used to be wargear for my chaos lord, now they will be seeying battle once more in the form of acolytes!

Khorne prayers sound louder if howled right!

Archived