Dipping my toe in the waters of Chaos

Montoya

Ok, so I have Imperial armies (Blood Angels, Mechanicum) and Xenos armies (all forms of Aeldari) and I'm debating starting a chaos force with the new book out and the vigilus formations.

IF I were to go Chaos, I'm toying between Thousand Sons (because Magnus is such a tragic figure, and the model is sweet) and possibly either black legion or alpha legion.

So what are people's experiences with each in terms of being a competitive army?

It's a little soon after 8.2/vigilus additions to really know where thinhs are panning out on the competitive end. And that stuff changes with time anyway. Chances are nothing out of chaos is going to seriously compete with the mixed eldar stuff you're probably already familiar with. I'd personally recommend choosing your faction for more narrative & aesthetic reasons, then work of making your choice as competitive as you can.

Thousand Sons are the most competitive

The world has truly turned on its head.

Pick the models you like the most. Building an army based on what is strongest now will see you on trouble in the future. Rubric marines can be used in Alpha Legion or Black Legion armies no issues, just as elites not troops.

Collecting some form of chaotic alliance might give you the best of all worlds.

Archived