Updated DA starter box rumors

twopounder

Spikey bits just "updated" the previous rumor to say that The Lion will not be included, but it will be DA and primaris lieutenant

https://spikeybits.com/2019/04/rumors-primarch-lion-eljonson-a-new-40k-starter-set.html

Personally, I could see da vs fallen ONLY if

1) they released new fallen models
2) they have new da primaris

Without both of these, it's just a massive DA army box for no discernable reason.

if we get deathwing and/or ravenwing ill be happy.

the biggest problem is the imperial/pseudo impirial force that will be the enemy. i dont like the fallen being our only plot driving point. i also dont like the idea of us turtning traitor or doing things that makes people go "aha! see! DA are traitors". 

It's BOLS so it's fake. Period.

Well, sometimes they do get something right. I had no doubt that the Lion would not be in the box when I saw the initial article. That wouldn't make any sense. If we might see him later is another matter.

If the opposition would actually be fallen, would be interesting. At least they would have to expand Fallen options to make it a viable force, which would mean we over time would see more fallen players, meaning our deathwing rules would start having just a hint of merit.

I am looking forward to seeing what will be inside the box, but a primaris lieutenant would be pointless (we have one already). BolS claim an interrogator chaplain in some primaris version would make sense, and that I can follow. One could hope for RW and DW primaris, but I remain sceptical with regards to that. Maybe because I am currently doing quite a bit of painting on RW, and I don't want that work to be "wasted".

The Dark Angel Veteran/Fallen box is gone from the shop... at least I cannot find it anymore. Perhaps we get a new set. 

edit: Wishful thinking... the old box is still in the chaos section. 

If this is in any way true then it will likely be a DA character and some generic primaris possibly Ravenwing related.

If there is any truth to this at all then the more robed bodies the better.

I expect it's gonn be a DA box the same way Tooth and claw was a SW box.

If were lucky we could get primaris Azrael, his model is ancient.

In the off chance that BoLS is right about something I'm hoping it's Primaris Belial or Sammael so that we can find out what the plans are for the special snowflake companies.

+++"special snowflake?" "SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!!!?" If HATE came in snow shaped FLAKES then maybe, but it doesn't; so until it does or until you stop impersonating a filthy Ork xenos scum REPORT TO CELL 42 FOR RESPECT AND LOYALTY ADJUSTMENT, and bring cake we're getting low.+++

I expect it's gonn be a DA box the same way Tooth and claw was a SW box.

If were lucky we could get primaris Azrael, his model is ancient.

I like the old DA models. They look better than a lot of the newer special characters and they're the best of the  2nd/3rd edition models. Could go with a new Belial though. He still looks like he's gotta pee something fierce.

The veterans/fallen box had some weird stuff with last chance to buy a month or two ago, might be connected on the off chance there's any truth to the rumor

Nope, the veterans box is still there as is the fallen entry, all that happened was the fallen entry had an lctb icon added to it by mistake for a few weeks.

My impression is that we're middle of the road. Ravenwing from vigilus has done alright I thought.

I do agree about hope though. I have hope but it wont increase beyond the standard level until I see something bordering on evidence.

Archived