Updated DA starter box rumors

twopounder

Weird that they mention that the other faction could be derived from the imperial aquila. What are the chances that it's a DA versus Emperor's Children? Those mad lads still wear the aquilas.

Pretty small.

The overwhelming odds are that this is someone trolling with "DA are chaos, and the next box proves it!" nonsense.

A DA box with anything other than chaos as the adversary is extremely unlikely. At best, they could do a splash release of Lost and Damned to go along with a new IG release (I'm expecting they'll be rebuilding the range with new models now that Cadia is scrapped and the line needs retooling to fit with the newly re-proportioned artwork). But I doubt they would do a lost and damned book along side a new militarum book.

Given that GW wouldn't give people space marines AND another imperial army in a box with a marked down price, there is about 0 chance that there will be DA vs anything Imperial. There is 0 chance that GW will retool the entire DA line to look like chaos, so it simply doesn't make sense.

Weird that they mention that the other faction could be derived from the imperial aquila. What are the chances that it's a DA versus Emperor's Children? Those mad lads still wear the aquilas.

Fits with the rumours of Fulgrim and the Lion returning at some point too.

Could be that i'm understanding your post wrong, but that's what I'm saying. Emperor's Children are Chaos.

Sorry, I should have been clearer - undivided is what I was referring to. Maybe night lords if vengeance is in the air.

Could be that i'm understanding your post wrong, but that's what I'm saying. Emperor's Children are Chaos.

Sorry, I should have been clearer - undivided is what I was referring to. Maybe night lords if vengeance is in the air.

Oh, I agree on that point. It would seem likely that they release boxed sets as generic as possible to reach as much players as they can. The last box is a nice example, almost every faction on the Chaos or Loyalist side could use the models included. I could see them releasing a box with units usable by everyone, but with a specific HQ for the DA (like Burning of Prospero). They could release the Lion and specific units later on, like they did with Abbadon and the havocs.

Still, one could only hope for a DA vs EC box. It sounded plausible at first with the wave of incoming Slaanesh models.

While we're all wildely speculating, I'll just toss the idea into the ring, that maybe could it be another Horus Heresy box set a la Betrayal at Calth / Burning of Prospero and the Forgeworld Lion rather than versions for 40k? 

More likely they’ll do that next year when the updated DA rules come out in the next book.

Personally, I’m not buying another DA starter army is coming out when they’re currently on a chaos daemon push, DA’s time in development rotation has passed already and we just had a primaris/chaos SM box set. I’m thinking we’ll see a daemon box set first, if anything

I suspect the next starter box will feature veterans in both primaris and non primaris form (so primaris veteran squads) possibly against traitor guardsmen?? Repurpose the Blackstone fortress boys and maybe expand on them with fallen angels?

Maybe call the box set "for the lion" since their a fan of really terribad box titles these days

Well, something that would sort of go with the rumors would be the return of The Lion in conjunction with a campaign boxed set featuring new [Dark Angels] Primaris units. As to the antagonist, unleashing new miniatures for Luther and The Fallen, and fluff-wise exposing them to the new Imperium, would sure shake off some cobwebs. Would the Unforgiven be eradicated? No. Censured? Probably, but not egregiously, as nearly every other Chapter has its own Fallen (which oddly enough we never hear anything about too). "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones," and all that.

How cool would this be?  The developing New Imperium going nuts, and with all sorts of Renegades emerging to wreak havoc. Oh, the...Chaos. :biggrin.:

To that point, mantis warriors turned full traitor and were allowed to stay imperial. Just saying.

As much as a lion vs luthor box would be amazing, I don't see them putting one, much less two primarchs in a box. Yeah, technically luthor isn't a primarch, but he's strong enough to be one.

Might not be putting them together in one box, but they could be part of a larger series of releases.

A box of Dark Angels vs bolstered Fallen, to be the intro into a release for the Lion and Luther? Tying into a plot point in the lore about how the nature of the fallen is revealed, as Primaris take more and more room inside the Chapter?

Could be quite interesting.

Archived