Painting Sanguinis

Welp, started painting my Sanguinius:

Man, it seems my thread is just me posting in it currently :laugh.:

In any case, in my usual hobby butterfly style, I started painting Sanguinius. I've finished his face and wings, and got his body base coated, shaded and first highlight done.

Face:
W1CMSTm.jpg

HMKlwIR.jpg

hHq2tIf.jpg

Yay, it refused to focus when it was face-on :laugh.:. But the thing that amazed me most about this entire model.

He has sculpted eyebrows. EYEBROWS.

Wings:

5Vj1Dct.jpg

4KMzF3c.jpg

And this is what his body looked like before I shaded. Good lord that's shiny

JGQFUXw.jpg

And here's where I finished at today, and you can see the finished-ish base, as I'm going for a dark, daemonic-looking base to contrast with Sanguinius' model.

LyZkhl6.jpg

He is such a joy to paint. All that detail. Also, EYEBROWS.

Wow, eyebrows...!!!

I like the idea of that demon treated as a thrashing blackness/unlight against Sanguinius' purity and light.

Good job!

The Daemon is so dark because the Daemon is only primed, no paint on it yet :laugh.:

It's going to be like the Ruinstorm Brutes that were revealed at Warhammer Fest:

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute3kuyc.jpg

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute2okc.jpg

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute1jjc.jpg

So red into black into red again.

And yes, eyebrows. That is the definition of detail :lol:

Im having trouble assembling the model with the scenic base. No matter how I try, Sanguinius seems to be quite a bit too low for the deamon-horn-grabbing-hand to attach properly. I’m considering using the non-scenic hand and doing some custom work to the horn. Anyone else having this issue?

Im having trouble assembling the model with the scenic base. No matter how I try, Sanguinius seems to be quite a bit too low for the deamon-horn-grabbing-hand to attach properly. I’m considering using the non-scenic hand and doing some custom work to the horn. Anyone else having this issue?

I was having that issue, but then I realized it's a part of the model to make it secure.

Push DOWN on the daemon horn with Sanguinius' hand holding it, while pushing Sanguinius upwards slightly. If the daemon and Sanguinius' rock isn't warped, Sanguinius and his hand on the Daemon's horn should (literally) click into place.

Archived