Big FAQ April 2019

Doom Herald

Bolter Discipline is now an official rule, yes.

Can you point to where it says that?  I recall reading that, but I can't find where - if I can't point my gaming buddies to it, I don't feel right using it. :smile.:

It's in the April 2019 Update doc: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/warhammer_40000_update_April_2019_en.pdf

Chaos Decimator with dual Butcher cannons is 140. Contemptor with dual Butcher cannons is 166. 

Are you sure? Using CA2018 I cost the Contemptor  with dual Butcher Cannons at 138.

Can Noise Marines still throw Krak grenades for Music of the Apocalypse?

Chaos Decimator with dual Butcher cannons is 140. Contemptor with dual Butcher cannons is 166. 

Are you sure? Using CA2018 I cost the Contemptor  with dual Butcher Cannons at 138.

Oh damn, I missed that the Hellforged Contemptor had come down in price. Nice!

(*edit* Yarmos pointed out the contemptor change already)

I also have a twin lascannon FW arm sitting in a bitz box for the last 4? years, gonna dig that one out.

Bolter Discipline is in the general faq. No longer applies to vehicles besides dreadnoughts because all the SM hurricane bolters and such were too OP Too bad for our rhinos.

Also looks like yes they can throw grenades still on page two of the faq, even multiple models killed at same time can each throw, but not with enemy models within 1” of unit any more.

Not if they die in melee, same as with their Bolter, Sonic blaster, Blastmaster and Doom Siren.

Are you sure? Using CA2018 I cost the Contemptor with dual Butcher Cannons at 138.

You are indeed correct, yes. Thanks! I meant to type "around 140" but dropped the word in my haste.

Honestly, after the price drops, there's no reason not to use the forge world dreads.

So, on the topic that they failed to address THE FAITHLESS and similar factions and how they work, we have an interesting evolution of this issue. Assuming we should use the Renegades rules for THE FAITHLESS as the legendary email from forgeworld, and admittedly logic, would indicate, we now have "options" for THE FAITHLESS Warband traits. Because the Warband Traits section says we can use the trait we feel best fits, there's a reasonable argument to be made that THE FAITHLESS, and similar, can choose any Warband Trait. Obviously not intent, but they left this pretty open to interpretation and continue to not address it.

Not if they die in melee, same as with their Bolter, Sonic blaster, Blastmaster and Doom Siren.

Is that because throwing a grenade is a shooting attack and only pistols can be shot when within 1" of an enemy model?

Are you sure? Using CA2018 I cost the Contemptor with dual Butcher Cannons at 138.

You are indeed correct, yes. Thanks! I meant to type "around 140" but dropped the word in my haste.

Honestly, after the price drops, there's no reason not to use the forge world dreads.

Yeah, Contemptors are so cheap now and so good. Wish I had bought a 2nd and more weapon options before FW introduced regional pricing and I now have to pay the Antipodes tax :(

Is that because throwing a grenade is a shooting attack and only pistols can be shot when within 1" of an enemy model? 

Exactly.

The removal of the Chaos Space Marine keyword means you no longer get an extra 3CP for taking three of them in a Red Corsairs spearhead detachment

People like that are everything wrong with the game.

The removal of the Chaos Space Marine keyword means you no longer get an extra 3CP for taking three of them in a Red Corsairs spearhead detachment

People like that are everything wrong with the game.

I think this FAQ combined with the designer commentary proves that GW plays as rules as intended and not with, well technically I can...

I think that is the intent as well, bit does it really solve that? The gunners still have the keyword and as far as I see, there is no caveat about them not filling a detatchment (like the blackstone fortresses two man troops squad)

Edit: nevermind, they did lose the CSM keyword.

I don’t think I understand this:

Q: If I use the Fire Frenzy Stratagem, the nearest visible enemy unit is a Character with a Wounds characteristic of less than 10, but there is another enemy unit closer that is not visible and not a Character with a Wounds characteristic of less than 10, can I target that Character?

A: No. In such instances, you must target the nearest visible enemy unit that is not a Character with a Wounds characteristic of less than 10.

For example there is enemy unit-A 10” away but out of sight. Enemy character-B (W<10) 12” away and Enemy Unit-C 30” away.

The Fire Frenzied Helbrute has to shoot at C?

If C is out of range of all the Helbrute’s weapons (but is the closest visible non-W<10-Character Enemy) then the Brute cannot shoot?

From my interpretation, yea, you are correct. And it makes sense. The Helbrute wouldn't be able to shoot the character without using Fire Frenzy for the same reasons, so it shouldn't be able to shoot at it with.

I mean, it's so dumb. That element (non-visible units can still block) of the character rule makes no sense, but... It is what it is.

Well they originally changed it that way so you can't snipe characters by blocking your own units LoS on purpose. It's still far from an ideal solution though, I agree.

Archived