Blood Angels and Dreadnaughts: questions

brother_b

I love dreadnaughts, I always have. Blood angels are spoilt for their selections and variety. Does the rule of three apply to each separate blood angels type dreadnaught? Or does it apply to each individual type, for instance three death company, three Fragioso, three librarian, three regular, three contemptor etc.

I know they changed that up somewhat with demon princes.

Can we use leviathan dreadnaughts from forge world in eighth edition? Where do I get those rules? I just saw the forge world deal. There are quite a few interesting options over there, including the deredeo.

The rule of three applies to each Datasheet separately, so yeah you can have 3 Deathcompany Dreads, 3 Furioso Dreads, 3 Librarian Dreads and 3 regular Dreads (plus whatever Forgeworld offers).

I know Space Marine players from other chapters typically have success with the Leviathan.  Generally with dual Storm Cannons.  If you're looking for ranged support and trying to stay mono-codex, I believe they're regarded as one of the strongest choices available at the moment.  All second-hand opinion though, as I've never played with one.

Leviathans are beastly regardless of load out imo. They are a bit more expensive though so they are a fire magnet just like knights/land raiders.

Wish there was a way to get assault cannons options rather than just flamers and heavy bolters. So much dakka!

My version is 2.02 on Android. For that update, the FW catalogue was finally rolled into the main one (like all the other Factions).

So now, you open up/create a BA roster like normal and the FW entries are one of the choices in the relevant battlefield role.

Archived