BA specific unit idea

There we go. Primaris Interdictors, an Assault Marine equivalent for Primaris. Simple wargear options because Primaris, and they're like flying Reivers in a lot of ways.

med_gallery_137555_15341_49111.png

Edit: for the record, power level would probably not be that high.

That's 1:1 Reivers but with a weak Jump Pack (you forgot the keyword btw), Power sword on the sergeant, hand flamer options and less special rules. Way too redundant for my taste. No offense but this is the kind of uncreative unit design I really don't want to see GW doing.

Support

Grav tank with twin heavy onslaught cannon and two Heavy onslaught cannon sponsons, with optional pintle mounted onslaught cannon

You made a typo, I just fixed it.

It should’ve said optional onslaught cannon instead of storm bolter

So I'm confused by this thread. It says Troop choice that would make the army more flavorful did you mean unit? Because all of the wish listing units here arent really close to troop choices.

Any of the options other than a bit of flare would be a broken troop choice in today's game.

So I'm confused by this thread. It says Troop choice that would make the army more flavorful did you mean unit? Because all of the wish listing units here arent really close to troop choices.

Any of the options other than a bit of flare would be a broken troop choice in today's game.

Yea, the point was made early on that the weird troop choice works for space wolves as they're deviants, however for the more codex-adherent chapters, it doesn't really - so people having been coming up with other BA style Primaris units. 

I've changed it to "unit" now. troop for me is a generic term for anyone in a army. I should get out of that habit.

I have thrown a rough tester to an idea, don't know if you guys will enjoy it or not. I look up the Equinox Blades, seems one was used for non-armored enemies and one for heavy armor enemies so i attempted to keep to that theme. I also tried to throw in a spear as its (to me anyways) pretty iconic for BA's. This is really rough though.

gallery_94113_15164_22828.png

Not all of them. My Gravis wishlisting was definitely meant to be a Troop choice. :P

I've changed it to "unit" now. troop for me is a generic term for anyone in a army. I should get out of that habit.

I have thrown a rough tester to an idea, don't know if you guys will enjoy it or not. I look up the Equinox Blades, seems one was used for non-armored enemies and one for heavy armor enemies so i attempted to keep to that theme. I also tried to throw in a spear as its (to me anyways) pretty iconic for BA's. This is really rough though.

gallery_94113_15164_22828.png

I'd pretty much never use the Sunrise Blade. No AP at all and 1d3 damage instead of flat 2? Definitely not worth the S5 since we already have Red Thirst anyway and the mortal wounds on 6s aren't that reliable with just A2 either. Though to be fair depending on the points I'd just go with the Spear + Shield anyway.

I'd pretty much never use the Sunrise Blade. No AP at all and 1d3 damage instead of flat 2? Definitely not worth the S5 since we already have Red Thirst anyway and the mortal wounds on 6s aren't that reliable with just A2 either. Though to be fair depending on the points I'd just go with the Spear + Shield anyway.

I thought about making is AP1, and flat 2 damage but was unsure how that would be received. I didnt do any mathhammer into it yet. Was supposed to just mimic the idea to be shapened later on.

The spear/shield was only for the leader/sergeant.

The MW might be useful if it was on a 6+, instead of just a natural 6. Have it cause mortal wounds on a 5-6 when Red Thirst is active. 

I took the movement speed from the Inceptors. Check your datasheets; Primaris jump units are slower than normal.

Only Inceptors, and that is because they are wearing heavier armor with jump packs. I'm pretty sure the Suppressors have a 12" move. Those are the only Primaris jump units available right now. 

I took the movement speed from the Inceptors. Check your datasheets; Primaris jump units are slower than normal.

That's because they are wearing Gravis armour. Gravis armour reduces movement speed. Check the Aggressors and the Gravis Captain. ;)

I don't really like the weapon options -  I'd ditch the stormshield on the Sgt option and make the spear two handed (all the other spears tend to be) and give it a stronger profile on the charge compared to other turns. 

For the Swords I agree with what's been said above - the changes to how S v T works in 8th compared to HH makes the Sunrise blade concept not great - its pretty much limited to being useful against Ogryns and Tyranid warriors and even then you're probably better off with the AP of the sunset blade. Possibly add the Shield back here (maybe a 4++ shield, maybe with some special rule instead of an effective storm shield - when it's on more of the unit let the enemy get the advantage of bringing some AP) and make them sword and shield instead of double sword, then the sword can be a simple 'D2' master crafted power sword.

Archived