Old Baneblade, New problems

Siax

Hey guys!

I have just bought an old Baneblade kit (from a private person who auctioned it), with the dream of magnetizing it into a hexblade.

Now I find out, that it is the old kit, and the only guns are the Baneblade ones. If I were able to get a sprue with all the other guns, would it be possible to make it work, or has the hull and turret changed since the first Baneblade Kit?

On another note, do you think it would be possible to buy the spruce directly from GW? :-)

Thank you in advance!

You can't buy the sprues from GW, the old kit is quite old now and long left behind. There's a lot of piece differences though, so you won't be able to acquire the parts needed for the Stormlord et al without pretty much getting an entirely new kit! I have one of the old Baneblades (and the certificate ;) ) - it's a good tank so you'll get to use it, and a good excuse to get another :lol:

I'm with DUZ, two are better than one!

Funny story about my first Baneblade (Dauntless) she went through late fourth, fifth and mid sixth edition without being destroyed in over 100 games.

That is AMAZING!

Also, second the need for more superheavy tanks. More is always better than less.

And that is why I play Imperial Guard, thanks for coming to my TedTalktm.

I'm with DUZ, two are better than one!

Funny story about my first Baneblade (Dauntless) she went through late fourth, fifth and mid sixth edition without being destroyed in over 100 games.

That is AMAZING!

Also, second the need for more superheavy tanks. More is always better than less.

And that is why I play Imperial Guard, thanks for coming to my TedTalktm.

Best round I had with her (also in her first apocalypse game), she killed 20 Gene stealers in one round between the main gun (love that coaxial AC) and the Demolisher cannon, with the heavy bolters and Las Cannons putting wounds on a Hive Tyrant.

Sadly her sister tank was a Shadowsword named Intrepid, sadly her record is not nearly as impressive...:dry.:

Unfortunately with all of the invulnerable saves, I haven't brought out the baneblade very often. Now that knights can only ever get a 4+ invulnerable save, my shadowsword might come out to play.

With the changes to knights, I would be interested to see how well the blades work. They have always had a lot of dakka, but less survivability.  

Archived