ATC Army List and Battle Report

robzidious

Hello, brothers.

My name is Robert Chandler. I have lurked on this group for a long time. I love myself some Blood Angels. Last year I finished as the 10th globally ranked Blood Angels player in the ITC. And that was without taking them to any Major events.

My team is prepping for the American Team Championships and I am looking at taking a full Brigade. So far in my test games it has performed extremely well. This is the current list I'm working with.

++Blood Angels Brigade Detachment++

++HQ++

Captain, JP, Thunderhammer, SS

Lemartes

The Sanguinor (Warlord)

++Troops++

2x 5 Scouts, Combat Knives

2x 5 Scouts, Bolters

2x 5 Scouts, Snipers

++Elites++

10 Death Company, 2x Thunderhammers, 8x Chainswords, Boltguns

Sanguinary Ancient

9 Sanguinary Guard, 3 Power Fists, 6 Power Swords, 2x Inferno Pistols

++Fast++

3 Inceptors

2x 3 Scout Bikes

++Heavy++

2x Devastators, Heavy Bolter, ML

1 Devastators, Heavy Bolter, ML, Cherub

++Reinforcement Points 85pts++

Total 1997

CP 15 (11 after Relics, Death Visions, Assassin)

I recently took my Brigade up against a powerful Tyranids army in an ITC mission and the list did fairly well, but I tweaked it a bit to the above list.

The Batrep can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/NPWargaming/posts/484551695450945

I think it looks like a solid list - very similar to others I have ran.  The only thing I would think you could tweak would be to maybe change out the inceptors for suppressors, which would give you some points for changing the Sanguinor or Lemmy out for a libby dread or mephy (I'm torn on whether to change out mephy for the Sanguinor in my own list though...so YMMV).  

Yeah I have played a lot with librarian dreads and Mephiston. Mephiston is my all time favorite 40k character lol. I prefer Sanguinor and Lemartes for consistent buffs that don't require a psychic test.

I like Suppressors but honestly the inceptors are only here for chaff clearing. For that purpose they serve the list better imo. And I'd rather have a 3rd squad of scout bikes but I just don't have the models and won't have them in time for ATC.

Fair - you know, the only reason I have meph in a list is because I already have a Libby dread (ironically). Use meph for a unleash rage buff for my guard T1/2, and then quickening/wings after the Libby dread has suicided himself forward. He’s like a beta strike beat stick that can buff/smite until needed. I probably wouldn’t run him without a dread also there though. Now I want to try out the sanguinor instead haha.

And yea, scout bikes are perfect for this kind of list. I am in the same boat with models though lol. My brigade swaps between Inceptors and suppressors because of model availability. BUT - suppressors do have the range advantage and with your dev setup, I feel like you have solid anti-chaff. Maybe this fills another niche?

Archived