Chimera Alternate to match Gideon MBT

SickSix

Hello fellow guardsmen. I am looking for help finding a transport of appropriate scale and style to match my OOP Mad Robot Gideon Battle Tank and Dreamforge Eisenkern infantry.

1016517_sm-Gideon%2C%20Mad%20Robot%2C%20

Chimeras just don't do it for me. The Dreamforge transport is too big as it's actually to scale of the infantry. The Puppets War Pegasus truck in half-track form looks pretty good to me. (However I feel I will have to add a lot of rivets I think to make it really match up)

1016545_sm-Pegasus%20transport.jpg

Naturally there are many German WWII half-track models as well. But I have read 1/35 scale is generally too big for 40k.

If you mix PVA glue with talc powder you can use a cocktail stick to add rivets quickly and easily. It might even work if you used polystyrene cement, although probably an outdoor job.

I can't help much on vehicle suggestions, but that Puppets War Truck does look a good base for a Taurox proxy.

@Thunderforge thanks for the Tip. I have actually bought poly rivets from a model train supplier before and the work great but I will try that method as well.

@CommissarZac I forgot about that sight. I have one of their tanks I have yet to put together. The APC version might work. That orky half-track would be perfect if it wasn't orky. That looks like too much effort to smooth it out personally.

I am considering it. I hear they are longer and narrower than a Chimera. Probably just going to have to buy one and see how it looks. Really leaning toward the Puppets War truck though.

My son has one of those in the Bolt Action set, but it's rather small for 40K, although I'm not sure what scale Bolt Action actually is!

Regarding my method for rivets, if you bugger one up you can wipe it off before it dries and blob another one on.

I am considering it. I hear they are longer and narrower than a Chimera. Probably just going to have to buy one and see how it looks. Really leaning toward the Puppets War truck though.

It's easy to add a strip of plastic down the centre to widen it... and chop a chunk out to shorten it :) :

m5L2ftl.jpg

Dream Forge has a bunch of sci-fi german stuff, iof which this might be what you are looking for, though I can't seem to find it on their webstore (there are 2 conversion kits there, but not the base APC): https://dreamforge-games.com/blogs/news/13319993-eisenkern-apc-keilerkopf-in-plastic

I am aware of it. It's too big for 40k and no longer being sold. He stopped producing his plastic kits. So only thing for sale are what's left on the shelf.

Nice to see someone else using Eisenkern troopers.

I just don't like the WW1/2 vehicle design...

Having said that much... have you thought of maybe using and modifying a german 1:48 (?) Marder?

(The one used that is just replaced at the moment with the Puma).

Or you could do what i did and simply design your own tanks and scratchbuilding them :-P

At least, you get a design vocabulary shared by all the vehicles.

Archived