Dont-Be-Haten's Emperor's Spears

Going to Necro this thread.

About a year ago I started the Emperor's Spears by random chance as my all primaris army.

Little did I know ADB would write a book about them. I found this thread the other day, here's a picture of my intercessor sergeant before I knew the plume would be all red.

Hope you are able to get back to them!

For now this will be a kill team until I move up to a full 2k list.

Cheers.

gallery_92746_14188_145966.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life Don't-Be-Haten.  That photo is pretty grainy but I like the look of your Sgt.  What blues did you use? 

I've been procrastinating for ever on what chapter to do an all Primaris army as, looked up anything I could find on Emperor's Spears after seeing their colour scheme and liking it, and this thread was pure gold to find. 

Rathamanti - where are you at with your army now?  It would be great to see another update.

And did you ever get an answer on whether the icon should have the skull on the trident or not? 

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life Don't-Be-Haten.  That photo is pretty grainy but I like the look of your Sgt.  What blues did you use? 

I've been procrastinating for ever on what chapter to do an all Primaris army as, looked up anything I could find on Emperor's Spears after seeing their colour scheme and liking it, and this thread was pure gold to find. 

Rathamanti - where are you at with your army now?  It would be great to see another update.

And did you ever get an answer on whether the icon should have the skull on the trident or not? 

Yeah, I took this picture at night, and for some reason I could not get the lighting to work on this picture. I went Kantor base coat, then went over the entire model with Alaitoc Blue, washed the model with Drakenhof Night Shade, and hight lighted with Hoeth Blue.

I went Kantor base coat, then went over the entire model with Alaitoc Blue, washed the model with Drakenhof Night Shade, and hight lighted with Hoeth Blue.

Cheers for that.  Haven't painted much of anything blue for ages so my colours are all old ones - Enchanted blue, ice blue etc.  Just bought some Vallejo colours cheap off a local website to give them a try on a test model but will check out those GW colours too.

Archived