Codex: Space Marines 2.0 speculation & discussion

Guest Triszin

I think the fact that Chaos didn’t get chapter tactics on vehicles is a big indicator that marines won’t either.

At this point I’d settle for them all ignoring the movement penalty for firing heavy weapons.

Yea, I know and it's a shame. I still can't figure out why marine flavours are limited while stronger factions like eldar, nids and orks aren't. There's nothing theyd get that isn't comparable to other races.

I think the fact that Chaos didn’t get chapter tactics on vehicles is a big indicator that marines won’t either.

At this point I’d settle for them all ignoring the movement penalty for firing heavy weapons.

I can't help but agree.

Plus, it's not like that would fix anything given some chapters have much more valuable tools than others. Being able to fall back and still shoot is worthless for the Repulsor family, for example. So is rerolls to charge, or advancing an extra 2", or the Emperor's Spears one.

I can't help but agree.

Plus, it's not like that would fix anything given some chapters have much more valuable tools than others. Being able to fall back and still shoot is worthless for the Repulsor family, for example. So is rerolls to charge, or advancing an extra 2", or the Emperor's Spears one.

It really depends on the codex. If it's a dedicated Primaris book I can see them changing things up significantly and applying tactics to everything, and also rolling BA, DA and SW in the mix.

I can't help but agree.

It really depends on the codex. If it's a dedicated Primaris book I can see them changing things up significantly and applying tactics to everything, and also rolling BA, DA and SW in the mix.

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand the point of that.

There aren't any Primaris versions of the very units that make those armies distinct from their codex counterparts. I'd really rather those armies drift even further from the codex side than fold into the Ultramarine codex.

Guest Triszin

Tomorrow is the big day!

I wonder if we will have more previews other than the vanguard units.

I really hope there's a new campaign rolled with this. I want plot advancement! I want deaths! I want another loyal primarch!

Will I get anything, no!

Tomorrow is the big day!

I'm dumb, what's going on Saturday? Just another weekly chance at sneak peaks, or an event specifically stated for reveals?
Genco 40k previews at 9 BST.

Tomorrow is the big day!

I'm dumb, what's going on Saturday? Just another weekly chance at sneak peaks, or an event specifically stated for reveals?

GW is holding a 40k preview after the big Apocalypse event at Warhammer World.

Tomorrow is the big day!

I really hope there's a new campaign rolled with this. I want plot advancement! I want deaths! I want another loyal primarch!

Will I get anything, no!

Obviously not.

We will get the vanguard dudes, IH dude and Primaris Tigurius ;)

Tomorrow is the big day!

Gencon was yesterday with reveals of Aeronautica Imperialis and some other specialty game stuff.

This weekend will be the biggest game of 40k Apocalypse ever and will host a sweet studio preview.

Tomorrow is the big day!

Gencon was yesterday with reveals of Aeronautica Imperialis and some other specialty game stuff.

This weekend will be the biggest game of 40k Apocalypse ever and will host a sweet studio preview.

I stand corrected. Warcom banner said genco, and I put them together;)

I'm expecting:

-New Codex

-Primaris Tiggy

-New Lieutenant

-Multipart Infiltrators

-Multipart Eliminators

-New Vehicle

-New Dread

Not sure if we'll see:

-Iron Hands character

-Other characters

-Multipart Suppressors

I'm expecting:

-New Codex

-Primaris Tiggy

-New Lieutenant

-Multipart Infiltrators

-Multipart Eliminators

-New Vehicle

-New Dread

Not sure if we'll see:

-Iron Hands character

-Other characters

-Multipart Suppressors

About the same for me, but I think they'll answer the question of how players will get that Hand Flamer bit for the sergeants (either repacking the Intercessors kit - which I highly doubt - or just giving all chapters access to a new upgrade sprue with the existing melee options, power axe, power maul, and hand flamer in one handy spot).

Beyond that, I'd really like to have at least a teaser about the next campaign setting, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

Guest Triszin

I'm expecting:

-New Codex

-Primaris Tiggy

-New Lieutenant

-Multipart Infiltrators

-Multipart Eliminators

-New Vehicle

-New Dread

Not sure if we'll see:

-Iron Hands character

-Other characters

-Multipart Suppressors

Add limited editions

Limited cover variations

- Raven gaurd

- white scars

- Ultras

- iron hands

- imperial dists

About the same for me, but I think they'll answer the question of how players will get that Hand Flamer bit for the sergeants (either repacking the Intercessors kit - which I highly doubt - or just giving all chapters access to a new upgrade sprue with the existing melee options, power axe, power maul, and hand flamer in one handy spot).

Beyond that, I'd really like to have at least a teaser about the next campaign setting, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

I expect the hand flamer to belong to the Salamander upgrade sprue like the Imperial Fist got the power fist for their upgrade sprue if they don’t release a sergeant sprue for all chapters to use.

Remember that time we were getting Primaris Telion?

Just saying, don't get your hopes (or fears) up over a new Tigurius.

I do. And the Shadowspear model looks great, and the Phobos Cpt. rules play very similar to Telion.

I'd consider it a win if we get a Tigurius-esqe Primaris Librarian without it being chapter locked.

I expect the hand flamer to belong to the Salamander upgrade sprue like the Imperial Fist got the power fist for their upgrade sprue if they don’t release a sergeant sprue for all chapters to use.

I hope they don't do that - not only is it putting an undue extra burden on customers to have to pick up those individual chapter upgrade kits that may only have a single bit of interest to anyone outside that chapter, but in the case of the Imperial Fists sprue, the power fist bit came with an obnoxious chapter icon that non-Fists players either had to ignore or sand off (and that's beside the fact that they managed to print the icon backwards on that bit, so even Fists players weren't happy with it).

Remember that time we were getting Primaris Telion?

Just saying, don't get your hopes (or fears) up over a new Tigurius.

Yeah, and he was actually designed as Telion before GW decided to make him a generic character.

We don't need ANOTHER generic Librarian.

Archived