Codex: Space Marines 2.0 speculation & discussion

Guest Triszin

Well, at least white scars got a primaris character too. Ironically, I think the new tigerius model looks awful, so I'm glad only the ultras have to look at it.

The war suit also looks weird, but I can't pin it down.

No mention of the iron hands character.

Not sure what the supplements are going to be like, have to wait and see

EDIT: the suit looks like something from aircraft. It's too industrial; it would fit in better with gsc

Well colour me pleasantly surprised. I didnt think theyd do codex Supplements but I was hoping for it.

Shock assault also does good things for people trying to do melee focussed astartes.

That new primaris Tank does look cool. Not sure about the walker tho.

Glad for the white scars out there. Dont care much for the witch

A supplement for each of the first founding legions that don't have a codex of their own, hopefully with their own characters also, I reckon.

Not impressed by the other kits. The light dreadnought might be ok if the cockpit can be closed off. The transport needs an assault unit to stick in it. The multipart kits look very similar to the snap together ones.

The warsuit looks like a bastardised version of the titans from Titanfall, it also has no armour around the pilot so all it takes is one missile, lascannon or skilled sniper and its gone.

Don't expect the rules to reflect that. You'll just disappoint yourself.

I dont want to raise my expectations, but maybe a BT supplement?

Here's hoping. :)

I love everything about this, for too long I have been saying that going back to a 4th ed chapter traits system was the way to go in this new keyword era! That plus every marine being rolled into one book with supplements is just amazing, all my dreams come true! I dont even mind that BT may not get a supplement, I can build my own Chapter Tactic for my own playstyle!

HELL YEAH!

Do you think these supplements will include the "divergent" chapters like Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels? They were mentioned specifically as having access to the new units so my gut says no, they keep there own codex.

But you never know.

My gut also says that The Watch won't get the fun toys for like half a year after release, or will be excluded entirely since they weren't mentioned at all. I hope I'm wrong on that front.

Guest Triszin

Do you think these supplements will include the "divergent" chapters like Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels? They were mentioned specifically as having access to the new units so my gut says no, they keep there own codex.

But you never know.

My gut also says that The Watch won't get the fun toys for like half a year after release, or will be excluded entirely since they weren't mentioned at all. I hope I'm wrong on that front.

no, they say that the primary codex is now useable by everyone including the variant chapters (DA, BA, WOLVES) explicitly.

As a wolves player im just gonna wait and see, our codex was.... well a nice way to put it is, it shoudlve been launched with the others at the start of 8th. I keep losing my piece of paper that replaces all of our chapters HQ traits....

Really... so Tigurius and Kor’sarro have been Primarisised. So much for that 68% chance BS eh? Since all the characters that we've seen remade have actually survived.

Well yeah they've been remade :wink:,  I can't see GW releasing the corpse of someone's favorite character. That said I'm kinda hoping Cato, and few other characters get killed off lore wise (rules should stay available obviously but it would make the lore matter a bit more and I just don't see a character like krom really needing special rules)

But you never know.

The community article mentioned those three in particular as being able to use every unit in it. To me that suggests that my wolves are going to need that codex and supplement.

Deathwatch and Grey knights will probably stay separate their hooks are special issue ammo, mixed squads, and psychic powers. I don't know how well they fit.

Deathwatch and Grey knights will probably stay separate their hooks are special issue ammo, mixed squads, and psychic powers. I don't know how well they fit.

I don't know if you can lump Deathwatch in there. I think there are a lot closer to standard marines than Grey Knights. I'm hoping we get access to this stuff so that options besides storm bolter + storm shield become better. At the very least we get access to the new +1 attack rule, and presumably other rules like it, which is nice.

Bottom line is unless they are holding back on a new primaris Deathwatch range there is no reason we shouldn't have access to 90% of the same toys everyone else has. Especially with this new format.

Walker looks fine if you put some plating over the front.

I do love the cheeky heavy bolter as a pistol, that's cute.

But man, +1 attack on the charge, that *might* be enough to make marines fulfil that jack of all trades tag.

Especially primaris marines.

Intercessors with 3 attacks each adds a fair bit to their infantry killing potential, not to mention 4 power sword/fist attacks from the sergeants.

But the regular old school assault units also really like this change.

Vanguard with cheap stormshields, power weapons, and 3 attacks each?

Even Termies like it, still doesn't make them good, but at least they might smack something to death with this fists.

Seems like a small buff to BT as well, as now a lot of marine units hit as hard or harder than they shoot.

But my BA are salivating over that +1 attack.

Hello reivers, you might be good now.

Interested to see what successor tactics they have as choices, but I'm betting they'll either be like freeblades in which they don't matter because they have very little impact, or so broken theyll be abused immediately.

But we'll see.

Archived