Codex: Space Marines 2.0 speculation & discussion

Guest Triszin

Here's a thought:

Simply pick two Successor Tactics from the long list of awesome choices included in the codex and you’re good to go!

Why "two"?

One for general units, the other for vehicles.

That's what I was thinking. Fingers crossed. Odd that CSM didn't get that though.

Wow they did do a primaris Tiggy, Ishagu called it all along!

Right - just a complete coincidence that he never mentioned Tigurius until right after a post of mine predicting the same thing.

(Page 12 of this thread).

Coincidence. Totally.

Oh I'm not claiming I was the first to guess. I actually saw the images quite late. It simply looked like Tigurius!

On the other hand, I did announce a few months back that Marines are getting a second tier of vehicle chapter tactics. My topic was even closed until more info came out. Well, here you go

Love the idea of getting Codex Ultramarines (of course). Not interested in Primaris but damn that Tigurius is an improvement on the last model (which was terrible).

Khan is not as good as the previous but still a good model.

Not sure on the Power Loader. Looks okay but not sure on the point for Marines?

Rules will be interesting. New Strategums ahoy. Hopefully Classic Marines won't be left behind.

I use Classic Tigurius so wondering where we will stand with that?

I presume I can use Index Tigurius because Index is never obsolete completely but what about previous Codex Tigurius? Points values?

I'm guessing it's a no. Tigurius is Primaris or nothing?

I was hoping for transhuman physiology but +1A seems to be more useful (?) even for my tactical marines.  Might seem worth while to give my sergeants melee weapon upgrades?  hmmm

Vehicles getting CT fantastic.

Love the idea of getting Codex Ultramarines (of course). Not interested in Primaris but damn that Tigurius is an improvement on the last model (which was terrible).

Khan is not as good as the previous but still a good model.

Not sure on the Power Loader. Looks okay but not sure on the point for Marines?

Rules will be interesting. New Strategums ahoy. Hopefully Classic Marines won't be left behind.

I use Classic Tigurius so wondering where we will stand with that?

I presume I can use Index Tigurius because Index is never obsolete completely but what about previous Codex Tigurius? Points values?

I'm guessing it's a no. Tigurius is Primaris or nothing?

It’s like Terminator Calgar, just depends on when the game is set.

Here's a thought:

Simply pick two Successor Tactics from the long list of awesome choices included in the codex and you’re good to go!

Why "two"?

One for general units, the other for vehicles.

I would have thought that the two may be more like a benefit and burden system, a la 4th edition, or custom Freeblade knights?

Guest Triszin

Have they said anything that would lead us to believe weather or not firstborn are in the new codex?

they will be, by simple fact that firstborn vehicles are.

-------------

I'm having flashbacks to seventh edition with the combat doctrines (tactical doctrine, assault doctrine, devastator doctrine) from the gladius strike force. I'm loving the chaplain litanies, I hope they are useful, but if they resemble anything like the chaos ones, they will be.

Have they said anything that would lead us to believe weather or not firstborn are in the new codex?

Pre-order article says 76 datasheets, which is far more than if it were Primaris only.

There is 7 litanies of battle in the new datacards.

What is a litany of battle?

I think it's like psyker powers for Chaplains. The article says the Chaplains bellow them out.

Weirdly enough, the article says "Litanies of Faith that can be bellowed forth by the Chaplains" but then the data cards paragraph refer to them as "Litanies of Battle". Are they the same thing?

Further, what in the blazes could Combat Doctrines refer to?

Archived