Codex: Space Marines 2.0 speculation & discussion

Guest Triszin

No changes to DA/SW/BA/DW chapter tactics according to GW facebook.

Sigh.

This isn't their codex, in fairness.

Yeah but I can't imagine they're going to re-release those codexes. The fact they're changing how those chapters get datasheets but not bothered to change any of them says that to me.

No changes to DA/SW/BA/DW chapter tactics according to GW facebook.

Sigh.

This isn't their codex, in fairness.
To be fair, the announcement implied it would in fact be their codex too.
I reckon they will come later on with their supplement new CT and new Primaris chars. And who knows maybe new Primaris units.

Salamanders is the best? Same reroll, but also ignore -1 AP on ranged weapons

Not just Ranged weapons. All weapons, even in Melee.

That's SO strong

Just like Vulkan.

I must say, even if some of ya'll say BT CT is not the best for me, with Angels of Death, Reroll charges (1 or 2 dice) and ignoring mortal wounds on a 5+, Oh my dudes. I just need to know if we are getting some other buff to complement the lack of filthy witches, and even so I'm good to go. Give me a Primaris Helbrecth and Emperor Champion and let the crusade continue.

From the end of the article "** If you’re a fan of the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Deathwatch, don’t worry – you can look forward to official rules updates coming soon via free PDF download. And remember, you Heretic Astartes players out there will also be gaining Shock Assault for your units in a similar update!"

So updated Chapter Tactics could be out for them sooner than later.

Since it seems like everyone is getting a psychic discipline in their supplements, if the templars don't get vows in theirs then there really is no justice in the world.

Also, since it sounds like this codex is going to be for every marine chapter, the PDF could contain all the unique units as a holdover until the appropriate supplement is released.

I think it will impact all the books significantly but I'm fully expecting a dedicated BA, DA and SW book unless they go the route of supplements which would be better, I think, and would be quicker potentially.

supplement would be better, no idea what their plan is, feels pretty bad to make it something BA/DA/Wolves may need to purchase if most of it isn't usable for us. Weird.

Doesn't the Blood Raven chapter article say that you can use any chapter tactic if you don't like their exclusive one?

I'd give them the Salamander rules and dance a jig.

Sure it does. But what's the point in having your own rules if you're going to keep on using the other guys'? Especially since almost everyone's got supercharged

But they keep the unique character, key word, and can pick and chose the best CT?

It's not ideal but it's not as bad as it could be.

I'm not focussed on good or bad really. In theory they're one of the best since you can tool your trait.

As always, I just want parity. Especially since the crimson fists got updated

Just thinking... Imperial Fists are in an unique situation where the 2 main sucessors have their own chapter tactics.

We also know the events of the war of the beast.

So what would be fair?

Imperial Fists supplement, or Sons of Dorn supplement Last Wall style.

Just thinking... Imperial Fists are in an unique situation where the 2 main sucessors have their own chapter tactics.

We also know the events of the war of the beast.

So what would be fair?

Imperial Fists supplement, or Sons of Dorn supplement Last Wall style.

I haven't read War of the Beast, but I hope they name the Supplement "Sons of Dorn"

That sounds so much cooler than Supplement: Imperial Fists, and it gives a nod to the Templars (and CFs), who arguably are more popular (Templars anyway) than their "Parent" chapter.

Templars really honestly need their own supplement, they are so divergent from any other chapter save the wolves that it only makes sense.

That said, I would be extremely surprised if GW did that. More likely we will be in the IF book.

Archived