Build Your Own Legio Rules (July 2019 WD)

Anyone else reading the new build-your-own Legio rules? Looks like my traitors will not be using Astorum’s rules (at least not all of them). You get to pick four rules but you’re limited to 2 traits, 2 stratagems, and 2 wargears.

My traitor Legio Aurora (consisting mostly of 3 Warlords and 2 Reavers) will have:

Trait: Elite Magos (roll one extra repair die per titan in the damage control phase [not order phase] and add +2 to Emergency Repair orders)

Trait: Splinter Legio (pick a trait from another Legio that’s opposed to yours. Hello Astorum’s repair dice rerolls!)

Wargear: Crusade Banners (15pts per titan, friendly knight banners within 12” ignore Shaken effects)

Wargear: Ranging Auspex (10pts per titan, can premeasure ranges)

So the wargears are cheap, I’m already making flags anyway and I may forgo Warhounds for my traitors in favor of knights anyway. Premeasuring is always nice and 10pts ain’t bad.

Holy crap the Legio traits though!?! Rolling 5 repair dice per Warlord and rerolling 2? I’m really considering the Reactor Fetters wargear to synergize with the repair dice upgrade but 25pts is a lot. I’ll try it someday.

Anyone else reading the new build-your-own Legio rules? Looks like my traitors will not be using Astorum’s rules (at least not all of them). You get to pick four rules but you’re limited to 2 traits, 2 stratagems, and 2 wargears.

Where are these, White Dwarf?

Got two Warhounds built and magnetised today. Just got two Reavers and two Warhounds to go!

Dragonlover

Where are these, White Dwarf?

Got two Warhounds built and magnetised today. Just got two Reavers and two Warhounds to go!

Dragonlover

Yup this months WD with the Blood Ravens on :) 

Archived