A way for Sanguinius to return....

Claws and Effect

So my wife and I were discussing 40k lore and hit on an idea to bring Sanguinius back.

You ready?

...convince the Orks that he is alive and well.

I mean, Yarrick is effectively immortal because the Orks believe he cannot die. It's even represented in his table top rules.

All that needs to happen is for a big enough WAAAGH to gather and the Sanguinor shows up. Instead of yelling "Hail the Sanguinor!" all they have to do is yell "Hail Sanguinius!" instead.

We shared the idea with the GW store manager we're good friends with (who is very knowledgeable about the lore), and he said, and I quote: "I want to argue against it.....but I can't. If you got enough Orks to believe it, it would probably work."

But is this "if Orcks belive it works" thing 100% kosher?

If you mean "does it really work that way?" then yes.

Their red ones really are faster, blue is really a lucky color, and a scrap of metal bolted to a handle can penetrate Terminator armor.

Because they believe those things to be true.

They have a psychic gestalt that is essentially the subconscious of the entire race giving things power. The more Orks that believe something, the more true it becomes.

And if Guilliman can come back via Eldar shenanigans, Sanguinius can come back because the Orks believe he did.

This whole thread is Heresy of the highest order.

*goes off to find his flamer*

More seriously, the ork gestalt field thing sort of patches up holes in Orkish engineering.

It doesn't let an ork have a gun that doesn't need ammo, it let's that ork shoot incredibly over-powdered crude poorly constructed ammo out of a barrel made of scrap metal and not have it instantly explode or jam.

Or, you know, make a functioning plasma containment field that doesn't melt when you first turn it on.

Or not needing to vacuum seal their ships entirely.

Archived