New (and old) BSF Characters for IG armies

duz_

With the teaser today (https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/23/taking-it-beyond-the-fortressgw-homepage-post-1/ ) about the new BSF characters I'm super tempted to run the new Primaris Psyker the thought of BS3 (potentially 2+) infantry units is almost too hard to pass up

The Crusader might even join along for Rule of Cool (especially once I have my others all painted up..)

Any one had much luck with the earlier ones? Rein and Raus for their points have me intrigued for cheap brigade options

Who else is tempted by these new models and abilities?

Edited by duz_

That +1 to hit on a vet squad would be lethal. Definitely something to consider

A full squad of Bullgryns, with a Priest and maybe even Yarrick accompanying.

For max cheese have them in range of your Old Grudges Warlord while the punch that Knight dead. ^^

WC 8 on that spell is pretty rough though, mean it won't go off reliably.

Need to see points but the flat +1 to hit is what guard been crying out for. In addition as named char doesn't hit rule of 3. The options noted above sound evil! Good for using to get cadian overlapping field of fire going for rest of army, even against flyers. Other uses would be FRFSRF on a combined infantry squad for a dice roll of 70+ shots hitting on 3s!

Also great dynamic pose on sculpt.

Edited by GuardDaddy

Sorry guys, but no single AM infantry unit is worth spending points on a +1 hit buff.

That is the reason why FW spotlights disappeared suddently, remember?

And, the guy can hardly be cheaper than a primaris psyker, which is already expensive enough.

Plus, the guys casts at 8+, which means over 50% chance to fail base. *Huge* drawback which is being conveniently ignored for the sake of hype.

Unreliable, expensive, and lacking realistic targets. Verdict is pass all the day, unless you want to believe the nice tale of the new AM super buffing asset. But that's pure fantasy, unfortunately for us.

Agreed, while a +1 is nice it's not easy to cast and Guard don't have units that can benefit massively. Perhaps a plasma Vet squad to dish out some pain (from a Chimera), but you'd only get to shoot once... It's nice to get some new toys and options are good to have, but I don't think they'll make a large impact.

Bread and butter is how Guard win, trying to emulate fancy pants units that other armies have isn't the best use of resources. That is, of course, more troops and more guns! :laugh.::wink: