Black Crusade novel series?

I would enjoy seeing such a series, but I don't think it's a feasible project for GW to start working on anytime soon. Even if you only dedicated a single book to each Crusade, that's still a significant time and effort diverted away from other GW projects - especially the Siege of Terra arc. I would rather see a Black Crusade series somewhere down the line, when the authors are able to fully focus on it as the 'main studio project.' Hopefully, that would reduce the little inconsistencies that we saw amongst other BL series - like the Beast Arises.

I would enjoy seeing such a series, but I don't think it's a feasible project for GW to start working on anytime soon. Even if you only dedicated a single book to each Crusade, that's still a significant time and effort diverted away from other GW projects - especially the Siege of Terra arc. I would rather see a Black Crusade series somewhere down the line, when the authors are able to fully focus on it as the 'main studio project.' Hopefully, that would reduce the little inconsistencies that we saw amongst other BL series - like the Beast Arises.

I think if they expanded and took more time receiving submissions rather than their nepotism approach with who they get to write novels, but then again I don't know what their sales are like and if they could expand their business. 

I'd read books about the black crusades for sure, but I think I'd be happier with novels set in the current timeline from the perspective of the forces of chaos. Particularly the Black Legion and Abaddon. Big bad enemy that unconvincingly destroyed half of the Imperium and we haven't heard a peep or squeak from them, for the most part.

This novel series already sort of exists. The Black Legion novels dive into the formation of said Legion and it's subsequent Black Crusades. Unfortunately there's only two books out right now, but both are excellent reads. However, I fear we'll be waiting a while for this series to get anywhere close to the current timeline as Aaron Dembski-Bowden is a notoriously slow writer and hasn't actually tackled anything beyond the opening of the first Black Crusade.

This novel series already sort of exists. The Black Legion novels dive into the formation of said Legion and it's subsequent Black Crusades. Unfortunately there's only two books out right now, but both are excellent reads. However, I fear we'll be waiting a while for this series to get anywhere close to the current timeline as Aaron Dembski-Bowden is a notoriously slow writer and hasn't actually tackled anything beyond the opening of the first Black Crusade.

They are Horus novels though.

They are Horus novels though.

No they're not. They're about the founding of the Black Legion by Abaddon and the subsequent wars in the Eye of Terror. It's narrated by Iskander Khayon, a sorcerer of the Thousand Sons who is also one of the founding members of the Black Legion. You might be confused cause the first book is called Talon of Horus, but is just a reference to Horus' lightning claw that's now in the possession of Abaddon.

Yeah, this is basically just the Black Legion series that Aaron Dembski-Bowden is working on. First book is about the founding of the Black Legion, second is about the preparations for the First Black Crusade (kind of). It's going to have more novels, I believe, so we'll be getting the Black Crusades at least somewhat covered.

I agree that the story you want is already in progress - Aaron Dembski-Bowden's Black Legion series.

On a side note, AD-B talks himself down as a deadline-blower and a slow writer, and he's certainly not as fast as someone like Guy Haley or Josh Reynolds can be, but 2019 is the first year since his first Black Library novel was published in 2009 that he's not (as far as we know) publishing at least one novel alongside everything else like short stories and audio dramas. Three novels in 2010, a novel and a novella in 2011, two novels and a novella in 2012, a novel and a novella in 2013, a novel every year since 2014 other than this year. I certainly feel like he's getting better, even if he's technically slowed down.

I agree that the story you want is already in progress - Aaron Dembski-Bowden's Black Legion series.

On a side note, AD-B talks himself down as a deadline-blower and a slow writer, and he's certainly not as fast as someone like Guy Haley or Josh Reynolds can be, but 2019 is the first year since his first Black Library novel was published in 2009 that he's not (as far as we know) publishing at least one novel alongside everything else like short stories and audio dramas. Three novels in 2010, a novel and a novella in 2011, two novels and a novella in 2012, a novel and a novella in 2013, a novel every year since 2014 other than this year. I certainly feel like he's getting better, even if he's technically slowed down.

I honestly don't care if he is a slow writer. I'm used to G.R.R.M's pace. So I'm used to it. I just want the content to stay as good as it has been. He is my favorite Black Library writer. Guy Haley is my second favorite.