Lack of Chaos characters

TorvaldTheMild

I would be happy to see chaos equiviants of apothecary, banner bearers...

This!!! ^^

I have medics and banner bearers in my Slaaneshii army, but unfortunatley I just run them as exalted champions. :(

Same here, I made an apothecary to represent a dark apostle and have an exalted champion banner bearer for my renegade Warband. Always thought it odd that CSMs don't have an apothecary-type character, you'd think they'd be even more obsessed with recovering gene-seed than loyalists, seeing as chaos marines can't replenish their stocks in the way loyalists can.

Perhaps chaos apothecaries are too precious to risk on the battlefield.

Edited by Freakshow668

I know streamlining was supposed to be a theme for 8th edition (out the window at this point), but I really miss all the crazy customization options of previous editions, especially when multiple relics was an option. It just made sense for Chaos. Now we are forced into vanilla characters with underwhelming effectiveness, with a few exceptions. I miss making a ridiculous character. I miss having a Chaos Lord with psyker mastery level one with warp time and a Tzeentch power, an improved invulnerable save, and an awesome relic. I miss Kranon having a 2+ armor, wound regeneration, enhanced strength, furious charge, and all the other goodies his relics granted. This is all stuff from the Crimson Slaughter supplement, but even just the Codex before gave you more options. A sorcerer with an invulnerable save, a dark apostle on a juggernaut, etc..

I know streamlining was supposed to be a theme for 8th edition (out the window at this point), but I really miss all the crazy customization options of previous editions, especially when multiple relics was an option. It just made sense for Chaos. Now we are forced into vanilla characters with underwhelming effectiveness, with a few exceptions. I miss making a ridiculous character. I miss having a Chaos Lord with psyker mastery level one with warp time and a Tzeentch power, an improved invulnerable save, and an awesome relic. I miss Kranon having a 2+ armor, wound regeneration, enhanced strength, furious charge, and all the other goodies his relics granted. This is all stuff from the Crimson Slaughter supplement, but even just the Codex before gave you more options. A sorcerer with an invulnerable save, a dark apostle on a juggernaut, etc..

Customization? That was nothing! I still miss the daemonic upgrade system & versatility of 3.5. Having Daemon Princes with a separate profile is nice but I loved being able to depict characters on different stages of the Path to Glory. Wasn't very well balanced (who remembers Dreadaxe DPs....)  but was so incredibly characterful.

We shall never see its like again

I would be happy to see chaos equiviants of apothecary, banner bearers...

This!!! ^^

I have medics and banner bearers in my Slaaneshii army, but unfortunatley I just run them as exalted champions. :sad.:

Same here, I made an apothecary to represent a dark apostle and have an exalted champion banner bearer for my renegade Warband. Always thought it odd that CSMs don't have an apothecary-type character, you'd think they'd be even more obsessed with recovering gene-seed than loyalists, seeing as chaos marines can't replenish their stocks in the way loyalists can.

Perhaps chaos apothecaries are too precious to risk on the battlefield.

That's actually the fluff for why you don't see Chaos Apothecaries outside of the Death Guard.

Iirc, there's also the possibility that all Chaos Marines have the training to be apothecaries, so you don't have specific models for it.

Customization? That was nothing! I still miss the daemonic upgrade system & versatility of 3.5. Having Daemon Princes with a separate profile is nice but I loved being able to depict characters on different stages of the Path to Glory. Wasn't very well balanced (who remembers Dreadaxe DPs....)  but was so incredibly characterful.

At least you're one of the ones who admits it wasn't balanced!

At least you're one of the ones who admits it wasn't balanced!

Pffft... It was fine. ;)

Nah it was horrendous, my DG army was so OP my regular opponents sometimes threw in the towel at the end of the deployment phase, we could usually tell how the battle would go just by where units were placed (until he changed from Alaitoc ranger army to Templars, then I finally got a real game out of him). 

I miss fighting against Templars, real Marines worth my bolt shells, unlike those blue boys with the toilet seat emblem.