CSM Combi-Weapons

CMDR_Welles

I feel kombi bolters are a bit tricky though. I got mine from the old terminator kits where i cut those off from the hands. but now i am rinning out of kombi bolters. any good source for those now? The forgeworld alpha legion ones look great. but quite pricey as you have to buy em with a bunch of other bits...

My solution for combi bolters was just the FW combi weapons pack. If you look at the design, the only thing that differentiates between the different combis is the secondary barrel. So, chop off the melta or flamer barrel, grab a spare bolter and carefully remove the barrel, and then affix to the combi.

When it's all done it looks identical to the Headhunter version, and looks much better than giving a basic marine the "storm bolter style" combi.

Great idea, did not think of that yet!

Other option to solve the combi weapon problem is other 3rd party companys like kromlech for example. I have used their combi plasmaguns so far. But i think the value of the FW kit is really good.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

I've done plenty of combi plas in the traditional way - terminator combi weapon, a plasma pistol, and a hobby knife. I don't know how well it works with the new kit, but with the old ones it got the job done great.

And keep an eye on Subtle Discord's works. I know that termi bits (axes and combi specials) were definitely on their docket.