Venatari (Custodes) conversion

dice4thedicegod

In addition to reducing the power plant size, maybe consider shortening the fancy-wings to better match the silhouette of the tech-wings. Looking at the picture, that would be clipping them where they bend at the first joint and where they join the back and removing that portion to attach the out portion directly to the back.

Honestly, I like this kitbash more than the vanilla models. The tau orbs along the spine probably need some adjusting though to look less obvious.

I agree, file them down and slap something that screams Imperium of Man or Custodes in that spot. If possible, a press mold GS of the Custodes aquila (on the shin of the Custodes) would be good.

The pentagram of grey around the gold is good; it draws the eye to the face and upper torso. I'd pick out the vent above the head, the gun barrels and the tau-vents on the bottom of the wings with a heavy silver drybrush while leaving the rest at the grey it's at now. Then decide what details you want to deal with; for example: tabard, shield heraldry, hip dagger (misericordia). Darker tones will match with what you already have.

Archived