Vanguard Veteran loadout

So the new Codex: SM seems to indicate that you can no longer do things like:

2x Chainsword

2x Plasma Pistol

etc

You have to combine 1x Pistol and 1xMelee

OR

Storm Shield and 1 of either Pistol OR Melee.

In reading the Goonhammer recent article on the FAQ, they had this to say:

"Clarified the flow of bullet points in wargear options, but not in a way that properly clears up the Vanguard Veterans thing."

From this article

What confusing for me is I believe they are referring to this section in the FAQ:

Q: Can a Captain replace his master-crafted boltgun with a chainsword, then replace that chainsword with a storm shield?

A: Yes, because these wargear options are two separate bullet points (you cannot choose the same bullet-pointed wargear option for a unit more than once, however). - Bolded for emphasis

I can see how the interpretation works for the Captain entry since the Storm Shield swap is a seperate bullet point, but I don't see how this has anything to do with Vanguard Veterans. VV unit options are composed of basically one bullet point (short of the Meltabomb and Sergeant options, which are seperate bullets)

RAW to me this says I that my unit of VV that have Dual Plasma Pistols (and Dual Bolt Pistols) are no longer legal, and also my unit with 2x Chainswords on my workbench all need to be busted up and go back to a more traditional load-out.

Do you share the same interpretation?