Positive Discussion: Devastation Battery

BrainFireBob

Greetings, Frater:

I find the new SM codex fostering in my an urge to revamp my Chaos for the challenge- just like new Chaos makes me hunger to update my imperials.

But as always, there is much doom and gloom since IH has dropped. Not saying it's not justified.

So I propose discussion of what we have!

Format:

Formation:

Units:

Legion Strat/Warlord Trait Synergy:

Relic synergy:

Recommended use:

Let's start with the Devastation Battery!

Well, being able to fire first with a unit is great.  Too many units get killed before you ever get to use them, and with some units they have such a reputation that they will always be the first target.  With this in mind, you can bring a risky unit (like havocs or obliterators) and know you'll get at least some use out of them.  

This works well with a Dark Apostle since you can buff the unit at the start of the game turn so you can even be hitting on 2s with a lot of our units.  

Well, being able to fire first with a unit is great.  Too many units get killed before you ever get to use them, and with some units they have such a reputation that they will always be the first target.  With this in mind, you can bring a risky unit (like havocs or obliterators) and know you'll get at least some use out of them.  

This works well with a Dark Apostle since you can buff the unit at the start of the game turn so you can even be hitting on 2s with a lot of our units.  

Yeah with the model count nerf, devastation battery seems mandatory now with three units. I like the sorc to buff as another option to the Apostle. I re-adjusted my list to include it.