Wulfen (using Reivers)

Excellent work! Love SW, I've got an army I painted like half of in storage at my house in FL. Actually going to take a trip down there around Thanksgiving to get them since I got back into this stuff. I'm no where near as skilled a painter but I'm working on it. Love the blue on the armor, is it just the SW color from GW or did you use a different scheme? 

Excellent work! Love SW, I've got an army I painted like half of in storage at my house in FL. Actually going to take a trip down there around Thanksgiving to get them since I got back into this stuff. I'm no where near as skilled a painter but I'm working on it. Love the blue on the armor, is it just the SW color from GW or did you use a different scheme?

Thanks!

It’s actually army painter wolf grey as base/primer. Then dry brush highlights using cheapo Americana “Indian turquoise “ and then a nuln oil wash. Pretty simple as I’m not a good painter (and tend to paint just before bed when hands and eyes are tired!)

I just got back into the hobby I bought an Army Painter box set of paints, and then my aunt got me another box set of D&D paints. I was going to buy the one from the GW website but it was out of stock at the time.

GW paints are good, but army painter seems top notch too. Definitely better than some of the 50c pots of acrylic I use from Walmart!

The thunder hammer wielder could be better posed. Angling the left arm so the shield is perpendicular to his direction of travel, so it looks like he's shielding himself from ranged attacks as he charges forth to bring his cowardly foes (those shooting at him instead of crossing swords with him) within reach, and turning his head so he faces in the direction of travel (i.e., he's meeting his foe's eyes instead of cowardly looking away), will make him look better.

The thunder hammer wielder could be better posed. Angling the left arm so the shield is perpendicular to his direction of travel, so it looks like he's shielding himself from ranged attacks as he charges forth to bring his cowardly foes (those shooting at him instead of crossing swords with him) within reach, and turning his head so he faces in the direction of travel (i.e., he's meeting his foe's eyes instead of cowardly looking away), will make him look better.

Ha - I was going for a pose of “belligerently brandishing the hammer” before combat, rather than “cowardly looking away” but maybe I didn’t pull it off! I’ll have a think on the pose!

Ha - I was going for a pose of “belligerently brandishing the hammer” before combat, rather than “cowardly looking away” but maybe I didn’t pull it off! I’ll have a think on the pose!
The model is in a running pose. If the Wulfen was "belligerently brandishing the hammer BEFORE COMBAT" (emphasis mine), why is he taking the risk of tripping, injuring and embarrassing himself?