Lord Uglor Does Imperial Fists

Lord Uglor

Good day!  I have decided to start a record of my Imperial Fist force, much the same as my Legio Gryphonicus ( Lord Uglor Does Gryphonicus). 

My Imperial Fists are going with the theme of being an 'All Primaris' force.  I just prefer the scaling and proportions of the Primaris minis and will be using them as the basis for everything.  Lately, I've been working on a bunch of different things, both Adeptus Titanicus and 40K, the most current thing being 'Primaris' Centurions. There had been interest in seeing them in the AT forum so that solidified my decision to start posting in the WiP section.

I found a tutorial on masteroftheforge.com for making a more proportional Centurion model.  I've never liked the original model, but the version I found there I could get behind, and wanting to have some heavy weapons in my force, I decided to tinker with his version a bit.  The following is my test piece which I will be using as the sergeant of the squad to explain away the differences that occurred during the process.  He is pictured beside a regular Intercessor.  As you can see, he is much larger and better proportioned than the original.  I haven't placed in the chest weapons yet, as I may magnetize them, but haven't decided yet.

ef976542-2d06-49ab-9ca9-1950e355b43c-ori

What follows is the process for the second and subsequent Centurions now that I have the steps down.

a9da40f7-35d1-4404-92ce-bfac1cea328a-ori

I started by designing a new foot extension on tinkercad, and printed them up on my 3d printer.  This I then glued onto the feet of the legs of an Intercessor that I had made.

5b423214-a61e-4d92-adda-79f4a257948b-ori

I trimmed off the toes, and then glued on the Centurion feet.  Compared to the original set of legs, I've gained a fair bit of height, as well as the distinctive Primaris legs.

c7fea711-cd42-4008-8cdc-f184beb0e71c-ori

I used the original leg armor, but extended the lower plate with some .75mm plastic card.  At the top of the hips, I added the ball joint from an old set of normal space marine legs.

fd545f40-c1b0-478c-ad40-0152aafdfb43-ori

I used as much of the original model as possible, using brass rod to extend the leg pistons.  I had to trim the but armor piece a little to make it fit between the thigh frame.  I have added the piston that attaches the foot to the 'ankle', it just didn't make the photos.

2d20ec71-335c-401a-9c94-3a67071ed2f7-ori

For the upper body, I built it pretty much as is, with the exception of the shoulder frame.  I trimmed these back a little so I could seat the shoulder pads themselves in closer to the body, and I used an Aggressor head to keep with the 'Primaris' theme, and because the actual Centurion head looks trash in my opinion.  I have since found shoulder pads on shapeways that have the Imperial Fists logo on them, and once they arrive, I will only be using those.

ce0a0735-0aea-464d-a72d-268b1d571c2c-ori

Here it is with the two halves joined together.  I don't do anything to the arms, except drill them to magnetize the weapons.  I also will not be adding cables for the Lascannons or Heavy Bolters.  I just don't see the use of them as they are self contained weapons.  If I do choose to also do the Gravitons, I may add the cables so they are attached to the weapons alone.  I'm also thinking that for the Assault versions, I'll just magnetize the flamers or meltas to attach to the fists, and just count the fists as rock drills.  The huge fists should be treated as power fists, in my opinion, as they're bigger and chunkier than any other infantry based power fist.

I don't know how often I will be posting, but I'll try to make it as regular as I can.  Any feedback is appreciated.